Listening at a high volume for a long time message

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know how to get rid of this. I have downloaded a couple of apps but they didn't work. I know if there is a way if I am rooted but I don't want to root my phone.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Ah that can only be removed with root. You should be able to click "OK" and it shouldn't pop-up any more until you reboot.

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Well that is the issue for me. I seem to have the memory leak that people have discussed. My s6 Edge has gone from one of the fastest phones to being sluggish. I reboot it every night. I have an Android docking station I use as an alarm clock. Sometimes the volume gets turned up and when my alarm goes off, that pop up comes up but it doesn't play the alarm until the popup is dismissed.

katmandoo122

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Well that is the issue for me. I seem to have the memory leak that people have discussed. My s6 Edge has gone from one of the fastest phones to being sluggish. I reboot it every night. I have an Android docking station I use as an alarm clock. Sometimes the volume gets turned up and when my alarm goes off, that pop up comes up but it doesn't play the alarm until the popup is dismissed.

Wow...that does suck...the fact that the dock is being recognized as a headset is something that should be avoidable. Unfortunately, short of rooting, it isn't that can be changed, to my knowledge.

As far as the memory leak, it is effing horrible but something that reportedly is fixed in the next release that is coming out (allegedly) in June. If not, I intend to make a warranty claim on the phone until they feel like making it right.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Well that is the issue for me. I seem to have the memory leak that people have discussed.
That's why no one should accept an update to 5.0, 5.0.1 or 5.0.2 - the memory leak wasn't fixed until 5.1.

As for the alarm, that message should only come up if headphones are plugged in, so the phone may have a hardware problem.

And if you really wan to set the volume higher than allowed - when you're wearing headphones - look at the price of a pair of hearing aids (even if you only lose hearing in one ear, it's better to get 2 aids, so the tonal balance is the same in both ears) - you can buy a carton of the latest flagship phones for the price of one pair of good hearing aids. (And loud noise will kill cillia in your ear and cause permanent loss of hearing - take it from someone who spent $6,000 for standing too close to a didgeridoo. And it's still not as good as having good normal hearing.)

fredericamg

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
Just adding my 2 cents. This pop-up might save hearing for those who wear headphones, but for those who are driving it's life-endangering.
When I plug my phone into the car's aux system, the phone assumes I plugged in headphones. But I just want to listen to an audiobook over the car's speaker system. But someone reading a book is not very loud, not loud like rock music, and unless I have it turned all the way up on the phone, and most of the way up over the car system, it's hard to hear clearly.

This terrible popup means I have to take my eyes off the road, glance down and recognize the problem, glance back up, glance back down and jab at the "OK" button, glance back up, glance back down and see it hasn't responded, glance back up, glance back down and jab again, glance back up, glance back down and, often enough, see it didn't respond that time either (maybe I'm jabbing too fast, or not hitting it exactly, because I sure don't want to look down very long), glance back up, glance back down and jab again..........
You see the danger. Can we have an audiobook setting, that doesn't cause so much danger?

Denisew 1972

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Same here, agreed in the car it's very annoying & yea, dangerous. It's to the point where I sit in the car and set my podcasts up before departing because of the volume issue. A fix would be great.

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
isaacmause