Little scared to do this

kev1172

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I just got my new Optimus S from Sprint today, I have the SW versionLS670ZVC, was getting ready to root this bad boy, but started reading some posts stating that it's unrootable, Or locked from LG. Is this true? IF it is, does anyone have link to share how to root this specific one, and also any recommendations for a good custom rom? I used Cyanogenmod for my hero, but dont see it for the optimus..Thank you in advance..

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Some of the new Optimus S's which come with VC also have a newer LCD. When you revert to V9, there is no image on your display because only VC has the driver for the newer LCD. Everything else surprisingly seems to work, including the touch screen, you just don't see anything on the screen.

After reverting to V9, if you discover you have one of these units, you can continue with the processes described here "blind" as in doing them without access to your display, or you can force flash VC and your screen will be active again.

gdr425

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
can this not be done with a netbook or something, i've read every guide and followed every step just as they were written out and never seem to get nearly as far as most people on here, i can't even figure out to flash it to v9 let alone root it, can someone please help this apparently technically challenged new kid :)

kazea182

Jan 2, 2011
www.sxcomputers.net
can this not be done with a netbook or something, i've read every guide and followed every step just as they were written out and never seem to get nearly as far as most people on here, i can't even figure out to flash it to v9 let alone root it, can someone please help this apparently technically challenged new kid :)

Everyone here is more than happy to try and help out, just post in that particular thread on which you are trying to root with. I.E. If you have ZVC as your baseband, go to the thread with that title or if you are using ZV9, go to that thread. (P.S. If you have ZV9 just download the Z4Root.apk and install it, which can be found by doing a quick google search)