Live Wallpaper Question

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I found an app that lets me use one or more of my videos as live wallpaper. Of course I understand its using battery life and processor....

My question is is the live wallpaper draining battery and clogging processor when I am in an app so I don't actually see the live wallpaper?

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to guess that the live wallpaper is probably suspended when you are not on your home screen. I think it'll be like if you were using the live wallpaper but your screen is off. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
If so I won't be able to keep it. A video running all the time the screen is off wouldn't be a good thing.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
One way to tell is simply to load it. If your battery life suddenly takes a horrible turn for the worse, then you know. My understanding is that live wallpapers only take resources when you are on the desktop. So it will probably be fine unless you spend a lot of time on the desktop (at which point you could just call up the video when you wanted the video and leave the desktop simple) :)

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
PS: if this is an app, then it depends on the quality of the app. If it's well-written, you should be fine. Look for reviews on the marketplace to guide you. If this isn't on the marketplace, think carefully about whether you want a non-marketplace app controlling your desktop... Just sayin'...

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Oh, it's from the market. Heck, I won't even use amazon. Its called video to live wallpaper and it seems to work very well. So far no issues. I like using my own videos....usually through a microscope oddly enough. Geekasaurus rex.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sterrekroesbergen