locate e-mail information in Xperia file system

adz1

Jan 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi,
I am looking for a way to copy e-mail information from my Xperia into a thunderbird application on a PC under Ubuntu. I can access the files on the Xperia from my PC, but I have no clue where to find the e-mails stored in the Xperia. Does anybody know where I can find these files? Has anybody already solved this task, and could give me a pointer on the format of the information?
(I cannot retrieve the mails from the mail server anymore, as I have set this one up as a POP server, thus the mails have vanished on the server.)
Any help is much appreciated.

thanks

Adrian

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Other than exporting the e-mails from the app on the device, I don't see a way to do that (e-mails aren't stored as text files, they're part of an app database file). Or if Sony has a back up tool that can extract the e-mails if you're using their stock e-mail app, that could also work, but that wouldn't let you restore them to a non-Sony phone.

I can't remember if the stock Android tool to back up a phone will let you transfer e-mails, but that might also work (you'd 'skip' the PC backup, just transferring directly from device to device).