Location only showing when phone is at home

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

LG Premier Pro suddenly stopped showing current location.

Android 8.1.0 ( LG hasn’t updated since this OS)

Find Device App ( and web) shows last location as home with “ last seen 1 hour ago “.

But when the phone is home, it shows it as “ in your hand “

Right now, family member is out with that phone, which is signed into our Google account.

Things I’ve done:

Restarted phone.
Checked location settings

*High accuracy ( GPS and networks)

*Low power location estimation is on

…..

The location suddenly stopped showing yesterday.

Any help would be appreciated.

cata nieves

Oct 12, 2021
Visit site
I guess I spoke too soon. Location no longer showing with FindMy or the shared location link. It states can’t reach device on FindMy and the shared link is blank. :-X sorry to bother you again.

Is there anything else I could possibly try when they get back home with the phone?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Also, could you temporarily use another family member's SIM in the phone to check that's it's not the original one that's causing the trouble? Or perhaps try the original SIM in another phone.

cata nieves

Oct 12, 2021
Visit site
Also, could you temporarily use another family member's SIM in the phone to check that's it's not the original one that's causing the trouble? Or perhaps try the original SIM in another phone.

The carrier told me not to do this, because it will cause problems since serial # and phone # are tied to sim. They mentioned some other problems so I’m reluctant to do that.

I’m thinking if this doesn’t straighten out, I’ll have to do a reset. ??????

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
The carrier told me not to do this, because it will cause problems since serial # and phone # are tied to sim. They mentioned some other problems so I’m reluctant to do that.

I’m thinking if this doesn’t straighten out, I’ll have to do a reset. ������
I have never heard of a sim being tied to a phone since the iPhone 4. That sounds extremely suspicious to me.

cata nieves

Oct 12, 2021
Visit site
Good suggestion, possible might need factory reset
My comment didn’t post earlier. Carrier said not to do it, it would interfere because each sim has its own serial# and phone # and would cause issues.

I just optimized the phone (clearing caches) and then tested hardware.

Settings/extensions/smart cleaning/ optimize phone
Settings/extensions/smart cleaning/test hardware

Reset network settings again
Restarted again.

Everything good. Now shows location again.
Hopefully it continues or it’ll be a factory reset. Thanks again, appreciate you all.

cata nieves

Oct 12, 2021
Visit site

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
My comment didn’t post earlier. Carrier said not to do it, it would interfere because each sim has its own serial# and phone # and would cause issues.

I just optimized the phone (clearing caches) and then tested hardware.

Settings/extensions/smart cleaning/ optimize phone
Settings/extensions/smart cleaning/test hardware

Reset network settings again
Restarted again.

Everything good. Now shows location again.
Hopefully it continues or it’ll be a factory reset. Thanks again, appreciate you all.
Keep us updated