Locked out of phone after restoring from backup

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I sent my LG v50 away to get the screen repaired and while I waited for it's return I used a temporary device.
I created a mobile backup on my temporary device of all the apps, calls and messages and used that backup on my LG v50. Before I could restore the backup it asks for my temporary devices lockscreen, which I provide and over 30mins it restores the backup as I expected.
I logged into my wifi and email during the start up setup

Please note during all this setup I had not set any lock screen pin or password.

The backup was restored and I turned my screen off, when I turned the screen back on, it was asking for a password. I've never used a password, only pins or patterns so it isn't an old password. I've tried my email passwords and LG password.

I've tried to factory reset the device again using the power/vol dwn vol up method but the recovery menu never showed up and the device would only reboot.
I also can't restart or shut down the device without it asking for the password.

I've taken the device to the shop I bought it from and they've proved the device is mine but they aren't allowed to wipe any devices under their policy.

What can I do?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech