Lockout screen switches every time I try to unlock phone

JetJock79

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
This is so odd .......yesterday, after connecting my gear S, I've had issues with my lock screen. I have it set for finger print.....but every time I turn the screen on, it goes back to swipe. Odd thing is that in the settings, it still shows fingerprint. Am I missing something ? When I put it on pattern though, it has no issues , and always has the pattern every time I turn e screen on. The only issue is with finger print.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Is the Gear S added as a trusted device to keep the screen unlocked? It's a long shot since you say PIN works, and if this were the case, PIN should also show up as swipe when the S is connected.

JetJock79

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
It has been added as a trusted device. But the lock screen still switches over to swipe. So it's still "locked" in a sense. If I make it so it's not a trusted device, will she still communicate with the phone for s health? How do I make it so it's not a trusted device? Thanks for the info!

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Yes while it is set as a trusted device and connected together you will just have a swipe lock screen. If the phone disconnects from the Gear then your phone will require a fingerprint unlock.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Glad you got it sorted. Trusted Devices set to 'unlock' your phone, don't really fully unlock it (I wish they did, but nope), you still have to swipe to unlock.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21