Lollipop corporate email issue fixed?

billdz

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I have not updated my Nexus 4 to Lollipop in light of the reports in this forum and elsewhere about people losing access to work email after upgrading to 5.0. Was this issue resolved or should I stick with KitKat?

Any other significant unresolved issues with Lollipop?

Thanks,
b

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
If by "work email" you mean Exchange, I found a workaround that I can post. But as far as I know, there's been no official fix unless it's in 5.0.1.

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Yes, Outlook Exchange, please post the workaround.

Let me know if this works for you:

I'm wondering if the problem predates 5.0. A couple of days ago, at Google's recommendation, I did a hard reset to fix a screen issue. The tech said it would load 5.0 as part of the reset, but it installed 4.4.4 instead. When I went to set up my corporate account for email, calendar and contacts, it kept asking for a certificate that I don't have and required me to set up a screen lock code, password or pattern. See the screenshot that another user posted at Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Discussion - Pg. 592 | Google Nexus 5 | XDA Forums

My email is hosted with Office 365's Exchange Online. I'm self-employed, so I'm the account's admin, and I couldn't find anything on the Exchange end requiring those things. Thinking it might be a bug, I did a second hard reset, but same result.

After some Web searches, I found a solution: When setting up an Exchange account, don't enter your email address at the beginning. Instead, use your domain name, \ and your user name. For whatever reason, that eliminates the screen-lock and certificate barriers. But it does preserve all of the other IT security stuff that Exchange provides, such as remote lock and wipe.

billdz

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
OK, thanks, sounds like your procedure is a bit risky, maybe I'll stick with KitKat for now.

Another possible solution mentioned in another thread is to use Blue Mail or another third party provider.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
franzmorais