Lollipop transparent icon Bar??

Shargeel Kiani

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Im using nexus 5, previously while using kitkat, i had transparent icons bar with backgroud wallpaper, but in lollipop its all white at the back, hw to get tht transparent look at the back??

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 9024.jpg
    9024.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 75

lion7718

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem on my Nexus 4... installing the Google Now Launcher fixed the problem.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

daihard2008

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Is there any google official way of getting of this problem, rather than using other launchers?
I don't think Google considers this to be a "problem." It is a design decision that they made for Lollipop. As @Knudroid mentioned, rumour has it that Google is working on adding a dark theme to Lollipop. Your best bet is probably to wait for that to happen.

cappy718

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
This is my biggest gripe about Lollipop. (the other not being able to swipe from anywhere on lock screen...grrr) Transparent toolbars/navigation made the whole device look more fluid. I feel like I just went back to ICS with tools in a different location. You all may say this is a small gripe, but it starts making android look ugly compared to IOS...which I do not own any apple device. The casual consumer will look at it and go ...ewww I dont like that white background that I dont have an option to turn off and buy an apple or windows device. This is the least polished update of android I've ever seen....just my opinion though.

daihard2008

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
This is my biggest gripe about Lollipop. (the other not being able to swipe from anywhere on lock screen...grrr) Transparent toolbars/navigation made the whole device look more fluid. I feel like I just went back to ICS with tools in a different location. You all may say this is a small gripe, but it starts making android look ugly compared to IOS...which I do not own any apple device. The casual consumer will look at it and go ...ewww I dont like that white background that I dont have an option to turn off and buy an apple or windows device. This is the least polished update of android I've ever seen....just my opinion though.
Have you looked at iOS recently? My wife just bought an iPhone 6 Plus. It is a beautiful piece of hardware, but the OS running on it looks cheesy. I compared it with the stock Lollipop side by side. If nothing else, Lollipop doesn't look any uglier than iOS... at least in my opinion.

Now, a beauty of Android is that there are many different ways to change the look and feel of the OS. If you have an iOS device, you're pretty much stuck. I have Nova Launcher. My app drawer background is dark and translucent. So is my folder background. :)

daihard2008

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
I dnt use other launchers , they bring bugs with em ... I miss those stock OS transparent backgrounds though:/
Have you run into any major bug that makes it hard to use in any particular launcher? I'm curious because I've used Apex and Nova and haven't run into any such bug. Oh, and the stock Google Now launcher may have bugs in it, too. ;)

Shargeel Kiani

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Well it didnt give me much trouble but it did effect battery timing graph to some extent, it drained 1% more battery just...

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcunado109