Longer micro-USB charger wire

JozayG2

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
I was wondering if any one out there has purchased a longer micro-USB to use with the plug shipped with the LG G2. I am wary of buying one since I do not want to damage my charger port with a poorly made USB wire

Thanks

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
I have used ones from various eBay sellers and they've been fine with Sony phones and iPhones. Can't speak for g2 yet as my chord broke the other day and I only just got the g2! But I wouldn't worry about it.

Posted via Android Central App

DaveyXXX

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
One thing of note is that if you use a cheap or long cable the charger will not be able to do a fast charge as there will be too much voltage drop. After testing a few cables most would only charge at ~500ma or so and would get the "slow charging" warning. I cut off a cable a few inched from either end and spliced it back together with a longer piece of 18ga wire and can charge at ~1200ma with that.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
One thing of note is that if you use a cheap or long cable the charger will not be able to do a fast charge as there will be too much voltage drop. After testing a few cables most would only charge at ~500ma or so and would get the "slow charging" warning. I cut off a cable a few inched from either end and spliced it back together with a longer piece of 18ga wire and can charge at ~1200ma with that.

Yep, the longer the cable, the slower the charge. I don't really notice any difference when using the Amazon cable.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ricardroman2094