Look what's coming for tablets 2012

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I still stand by my belief that 3D is incredibly overrated and gimmicky, but aside from that, I really think we're on the verge of the death of the Netbook. I've said it before, and people might think I'm crazy, but I really think the birth of the Tablet is going to shove them aside.

eric6052

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I still stand by my belief that 3D is incredibly overrated and gimmicky, but aside from that, I really think we're on the verge of the death of the Netbook. I've said it before, and people might think I'm crazy, but I really think the birth of the Tablet is going to shove them aside.

The netbook is definitely on a downward trend. They may still have a niche market among college students. If my kid was going to live in a dorm a $250 netbook would be what I would buy for them. A tablet would be more powerful but isn't as preactical for things like word processing and is more expensive than the netbook. I wouldn't want to buy them a full laptop only because of cost and how often things grow legs and walk away in dorms. I know thats a very specific case but its the only one I could think of where a netbook made more sense than a tablet. And you're right that 3D is a gimmic that I hope dies quickly.

SgtDan

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
The netbook is definitely on a downward trend. They may still have a niche market among college students. If my kid was going to live in a dorm a $250 netbook would be what I would buy for them. A tablet would be more powerful but isn't as preactical for things like word processing and is more expensive than the netbook. I wouldn't want to buy them a full laptop only because of cost and how often things grow legs and walk away in dorms. I know thats a very specific case but its the only one I could think of where a netbook made more sense than a tablet. And you're right that 3D is a gimmic that I hope dies quickly.
People tend to think in terms of "today" and yes, today 3D might be 'gimmicky', but I think the box has been opened and there will be many uses for this type of technology in the future. I'm excited about this. Heck, when e-mail first came out it was called gimmicky. And what about the first web-phones? I was there when AT&T offered the "PocketNet" phone. Man that thing was crap. I was also there when SMS was first offered...and I still hate it. LOL Look where we are now. The smartphone industry is booming. So much so that Google, Apple, and Windows are battling over whose OS will dominate. You think that same kind of innovation battle won't be fought on other fronts like 3D?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaysonIrwin