Looking at purchasing Tab S 8.4. Have a few Questions.

cperrry1

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking at purchasing the Tab S 8.4 wifi version. I already have the Tab S 10.5, which is great, besides intermittant freezing. I have a few questions about the Tab S 8.4:

1. What version of Android is it running?
2. Are there any known, major issues with the Tab S?
3. How is battery life?

Thnx in advance, cperrry1.

kwhipp17a

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
Don't bother! I am very unhappy owning this device. About 239 people read my query about a pulse notification light and not one reply. Why? Because the useless device doesn't have one and there is not one app that works for a pulse light.

Also, the battery life is terrible, read reviews, or google.

The camera freezes up at startup, and also while using it about 50% of the time. Again, google, you will read about this as well.

I am not a Apple user. I bought my wife an iPad for Christmas, wish I had one myself.

Android version 5.0.2, I have no idea if its marshmellow, carrot or rutabaga or whatever vegetable they name these things, another stupid idea.

Forget about it!!!!!

jkmail

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
When my daughter's friend first showed me her Apple Air 1st generation I was blown away with how much smoother and responsive it was then my 2nd generation Kindle fire which was the same age. I was ready to throw my Kindle in the garbage and run out and get an Apple Air.

The more I researched it I came to realize looks, though important don't mean everything. Being trapped in the Apple universe with no way to add additional, removal, storage is a big deal. Also even though Apple is known for it's great apps they also keep you trapped in their universe and that was something that always bothered my about the Kindle.

The tabs are ready nice, but expensive, but luckily there are a bunch of new tablets coming out that are a bit cheaper and have just as good specs. Dell, Nexus, Sony and even Kindle fire (HDX nice but expensive, HD nice a lot cheaper.

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
1. What version of Android is it running? Lollipop

2. Are there any known, major issues with the Tab S? Screen unresponsive in some models, lagginess.

3. How is battery life? Horrible. Worse I've had in a tablet.

DRM186

May 8, 2015
Visit site
only if the price was right personal I would not change to just a different screen size it would need to be a true upgrade in order to make me the purchase

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
My tab s 8.4 is the best running samsung tab I've ever owned and I've had them all ..the battery being the only let down . But there hardly any lag issue with mine if you like your 10.1 you'll love the 8.4

Posted via the Android Central App

cperrry1

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Well I purchased the tab 8.4, got it for 175.00 new, a clearanced item at Walmart, had sat over a year, and I have to say its very nice. It had several updates, which took a while, and after reading several of the post here, I cleared the cache partition 3 times, and factory reset it twice. Its running Android 5.0, which is fine, but hope to get at least 5.1.
I havent had the screen freeze I get on my Tab S 10.1, not yet anyway. I installed the same apps I have on my Tab S 10.1, so this may help me figure out what is causing the screen freeze on my 10.1.
Thanx to everyone for your ideas and thoughts on the Tab S 8.4,
Charles
"Love is in need of Love", Stevie Wonder

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stuckyville