Looking for 150$ used 6gb+ RAM and excellent selfie camera

niffcreature

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I have a 150$ budget and I'm looking for a new android phone. I'm on T Mobile coming from a Sony Xperia X, and I'm buying used on Ebay. I'm pretty savvy at buying used electronics.
I require:
- 128gb+ OR media card slot
- 6gb+ RAM
- Excellent selfie camera
- Less than 16cm/6.3" in length (not screen size)
- Fingerprint reader
- Water resistance, battery life and repair capability a big plus.

I'm hoping it will last me a while with 6gb RAM. If CPU is something I should care more about feel free to let me know why.

I'm overwhelmed with all the strange camera options on new devices, I have no clue what to look for to find camera quality now that megapixels aren't the only spec. I know the flagship phones tend to have the best cameras but I think a newer flagship phone with 6gb RAM is out of my budget.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If you can push your budget to $200, there are some OnePlus 6T's available, which meet most of your requirements (except for water resistance).

MoreDef

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I have the S20 Ultra which I bought for $1600 and just bought a Pixel 3 XL for $270 (Amazon renewed). I mention it not to brag, but to point out the huge spectrum when it comes to amount of RAM versus actual performancenand price. When it comes to RAM, it's honestly something that becomes a non-issue if you go with a Pixel or iPhone. Both historically have had abysmal RAM amounts, but the processing had made them stand the test of time over other phones that have larger numbers.

On top of that, my Pixel 3 XL blows away (or keeps up, depending on your preference) with my Ultra when it comes to selfie camera selfies. Even better, Pixel 3 XL pictures of people taken on the regular camera blow away S20 Ultra pictures consistently, having way less motion blur and producing better results regardless of lighting conditions.

My advice, if your budget is a hard $150 and your main concern is pictures...Pixel 2XL. It's specs are basically the same as the 3XL, and it's got that magic camera. RAM be damned, Google makes one helluva shooter.