Looking for feedback on GoPhone plans and smartphones

waldo15

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Folks,

I am weeks away from breaking the chains of postpaid (contract) wireless plans and GoPhone is, for me, the best choice. As attractive as T-Mo is, unfortunately their coverage footprint is poor for my particular case.

I am looking at getting a GoPhone plan with 2GB/mo data. The target device I'll be using is the HTC One Google Edition, unless Google pulls a Nexus 5 out of thin air in the next four weeks or so... Anyhow, I'd like to hear it from the AC community about experiences with the plan. Do you get 4G speeds with your phone? What hurdles did you go thru to get your phone 4G enabled (if any)? What about the logistics of getting a bill, paying online, etc?

Much appreciate your feedback and comments in advance!

Only1Z

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't have GoPhone. But since you buy it directly through AT&T, you get support right from the store. Just walk in and get your SIM. It supports LTE. It's just prepaid vs. postpaid. But you're still a customer of theirs directly and they will take care of you.

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I can't answer most of your questions, as I have only used GoPhone for a month at a time. However, there are no "bills" with GoPhone service.

You can check the AT&T forum under the prepaid section. Someone there may be able to answer your questions better than I can.

ZachA

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
The Go phone $60 plan has been all good in my opinion I have had it for a month and so far very happy with it I only have HSPA+ so I don't know how fast LTE is but HSPA+ is plenty fast I'm getting 8mbs up I did have to change the APN to get HSPA+ to work though But a quick Google search fixed that

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AppletoDroid40