Looking for locker alternative that lets you access apps without pw.

pinkybo

Aug 15, 2018
Visit site
Hey guys,
I thought it'd be easy to find this but I guess not. I want a lock screen app that will let me access some frequently used apps without having to enter a password, but that requires a sign in for all other functions. I also want something that's add free preferably.

I tried Microsoft's Next Locker. It will let me select 5 apps that pop up when I turn the screen of my phone on but to actually access the 5 apps, I have to enter my password. If I disable the password feature, it disables it for everything, so anyone can access my phone at any time.

Does anyone know of a locker app that will let me have a password but keep a handful of apps accessible without needing a password?

Thanks!

FYI, I'm on a Samsung Note 4

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
No, but a kiosk app will limit you to whatever apps you allow it to access, then you need the kiosk password to disable it. That should do about the same thing. (There are plenty of kiosk apps in Play - just search kiosk.)

pinkybo

Aug 15, 2018
Visit site
Thank you and sorry for the late reply. I checked out a few kiosk apps based on your recommendation but they're not quite what I'm looking for. Most of them have subscription fees and they are a lot more complex than what I need. I'm really surprised no one's made a locker app that does what I'm describing.