Looking for scale and bp to hook up to my phone

blueyzfr6

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
So I use Samsung Health for sleep tracking and measuring stuff. I have a couple thousand in my HSA and was looking for a smart scale and bp kit. Whatvis a good smart one that syncs up the Samsung Health

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You can find the ones that sync directly to it on the Samsung Health app (hint: there aren't many). HOWEVER, most scales will have either a plug in to sync into Samsung Health or Google Fit, and you can link those two and 'share' data between them (so, for instance, if you get a scale that only syncs data with Google Fit, you can link your Fit and Health accounts and then Samsung will just copy over whatever is on Fit, and viceversa). For Blood Pressure stuff, however, things get trickier. I'd go either with the brands/models that sync directly to Samsung Health, or with a brand that's confirmed lately to do it (Withings' armbands, for instance, used to sync OK with Google Fit, but now BP specifically is left out in the dust).

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
You can find the ones that sync directly to it on the Samsung Health app (hint: there aren't many). HOWEVER, most scales will have either a plug in to sync into Samsung Health or Google Fit, and you can link those two and 'share' data between them (so, for instance, if you get a scale that only syncs data with Google Fit, you can link your Fit and Health accounts and then Samsung will just copy over whatever is on Fit, and viceversa). For Blood Pressure stuff, however, things get trickier. I'd go either with the brands/models that sync directly to Samsung Health, or with a brand that's confirmed lately to do it (Withings' armbands, for instance, used to sync OK with Google Fit, but now BP specifically is left out in the dust).

I didn't know their we're scales that synch to Samsung Health. Cuz the one we have has an app and it never crosses over to our phone app it's Wi-Fi and we even got a new router Wi-Fi 6 and it still doesn't work half the time we have to manually put in our info. And I've been wanting a new one

teristark

May 27, 2014
Visit site
I use a Withings BP cuff and app. I am very happy with how well it works. I don't know if they sync up to Samsung Health. I never looked into it.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I use a Withings BP cuff and app. I am very happy with how well it works. I don't know if they sync up to Samsung Health. I never looked into it.

It did once upon a time, but for some reason they removed sync for BP so it doesn't even sync to Samsung, to Google, or even to the 'universal' Health Connect platform.