Looking for suggestions for keyboard

ic3pO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I pretty much like the stock keyboard but it could use some color. Any suggestions? I'd consider purchasing something only if it was a step up in functionality. Have been looking at Super Keyboard for example, only because it allows skin options.

TIA

jtodaro

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Ya, I noticed one thing I didn't like is I don't have the [.com] key (even in landscape).

Anyone have any other alternatives besides Swiftkey?

linebusy

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I use the default. Tried Swype for a while, but came back. Have Google on the tablet, but still prefer the stock keyboard on the Maxx HD.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I installed the Google keyboard and went right back to the stock Razr Maxx HD keyboard. There was no comparison and, worst of all, the user dictionary didn't seem to be working. I can't tell you how many times I tried to swype the word Gail and it came up Fail every single time... EVERY time. Also, the keys are smaller and darker - hard to see where you are on the keyboard. The swype "stripe" is also quite wide and obscures the keys. The Google keyboard gets a major thumbs down from me.

I have to add, though, I really LIKE the Google Calendar app compared to the stock one. Much nicer.