Looking for Suggestions

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
so my NC is rooted with the original root procedures for 1.0.1. since i got word of the 1.1 update breaking root i literally have not even turned my NC on until i could sit down and have a chance to research it.

so my Q is...where do i go from here? since rooted i see that there is both fryo and honeycomb available. i want a stable OS that i can use similar to my X with a fully operable market and Gapps.

so i guess my next step would be to unroot, and then root with one of the above OS's. and i also see i have to decide whether to root internally or off the sd.

dcreed

May 26, 2010
www.acrobotica.com
I went with root off the microSD just because I like a clear exit strategy: pop out the microSD card and it's gone and it's just a Nook Color again.

I've been using Froyo off the microSD for about a week now and have to say I'm very impressed. It's been very stable (when you don't screw up like I did [see below]) except for a few glitches such as putting it to sleep with Angry Birds running and it not wanting to come back out of sleep; a reboot fixed it. I also played around with the device's fingerprint in build.prop at one point and evidently did something wrong. Started over, got it setup better, then took an image of the card again so I can restore to that point if needed. I've been taking an image about every other day. And my second attempt at modifying build.prop evidently went better as things are there in the Market that weren't before and it's all still working correctly. Oops.

Just my 2?.

Good luck.

Reactions: alphabets

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
I used the autonooter for 1.1 after mine updated and broke root, working fine so far (2 weeks)

thats another Q i have....do i need to stay on 1.0.1 to put froyo on? or are the froyo and honeycomb methods based on the 1.1 update?

and if i need to stay on 1.0.1 i guess i just need to turn off wifi so it doesnt automatically update on me correct?

OB1J3D1

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
If you haven't done much customization, you could return to stock, update to 1.1 then auto nooter 3. If you have already spent some time, you can flash the 1.1 pre-root.

Although many are running froyo or HC off the internal, from my reading it seems much easier to do the nookie off the SD (you just need a big fast SD). If you do that, you can have one OS onboard and another on your card.

HTH

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
If you haven't done much customization, you could return to stock, update to 1.1 then auto nooter 3. If you have already spent some time, you can flash the 1.1 pre-root.

Although many are running froyo or HC off the internal, from my reading it seems much easier to do the nookie off the SD (you just need a big fast SD). If you do that, you can have one OS onboard and another on your card.

HTH

i havent done a "ton" of customization. plus what i have done is already dated compared to the advances that have been made in the last few weeks.

it seems like i would prob go with froyo, so again, does it matter what b&n update you are running to be able to run froyo? should i stay on 1.0.1 or update to 1.1 then flash froyo? i only have a class 4 4GB card in the NC right now so im guessing i should bump that up to at least a 6 class.

dirt101

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I ran Froyo off of a 4g class 4 card for a day and it seemed fine, I just liked the fact that the autonooter gave u the google apps as Im new to android.

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
I ran Froyo off of a 4g class 4 card for a day and it seemed fine, I just liked the fact that the autonooter gave u the google apps as Im new to android.

yeah thats what im running now. autonooter for the 1.0.1. i do really like the Gapps. also. hmmm.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rajurana