Looking into buying an OnePlus 3T.

iCoerce

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
I've been extensively researching buying an OP3t. I cannot see any faults in it outside of a possible issue with just the camera underperforming at times. Are there any other faults to the 3T?

ben55124

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Android bloggers would say the Pixel is better because they need to blog about the latest android updates. People in this forum tend to be happy with their purchase and wonder why others would pay more for anything else.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I've been extensively researching buying an OP3t. I cannot see any faults in it outside of a possible issue with just the camera underperforming at times. Are there any other faults to the 3T?

I would say 3t is an very good phone for its price.. But take a look at axon 7 aswell both are 400$ phones.. Iam using axon 7 awesome phone sold my s7 edge for it.. Thou I have 128gb with 6gb ram version

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site

Here are a couple of threads comparing the two:
https://www.reddit.com/r/oneplus/comments/5ptdno/i_spent_a_week_with_a_3t_and_a_pixel_and_i/
https://www.reddit.com/r/oneplus/comments/5p8tsk/just_switched_to_op3t_from_a_pixel_and_i_love_it/

Either phone will do a great job. Just depends on what is important to you and if the differences are important enough to spend another $400 on the Pixel XL/128.

SugarMouth

Trusted Member
Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

The screen clarity is not that great. For me the text is not sharp enough for a phone of today's expectations. I use a iPhone 6S and a Note 5 then took one look at the OP3 and felt like I needed glasses because the text was fuzzy on the screen. I returned it because of it.

grover5

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
The screen clarity is not that great. For me the text is not sharp enough for a phone of today's expectations. I use a iPhone 6S and a Note 5 then took one look at the OP3 and felt like I needed glasses because the text was fuzzy on the screen. I returned it because of it.
I do not have fuzzy text on my one plus 3t. The PPI is over 400.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I do not have fuzzy text on my one plus 3t. The PPI is over 400.

OVER FOUR HUNDREEEEEEEEED!?!?

Now you have fuzzy text on your phone. By definition, everything I type is fuzzy text.

On topic, it's pretty hard to beat for the price. The pixel is a little better in certain areas, but is it twice the price better?

(I don't think it is.)

Last edited:

Lefty724

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I've checked specs and everything I read is 401 ppi?

I like the screen and think it looks awesome! I have had a iPhone 6s Plus, Note 5, LG V20 and the 3T all in front of me at the same time and the Note 5 was the only one that had a better screen imo. Not by much either....

I posted my 3T for sale and though I could get by with the Note 5 until the Note 8 came out? Wrong. That lasted about 7-8 hours tops. I missed the 3T way too much and am back on the 3T now.....

The 3T just flys, battery life is amazing, thin-lightweight is awesome etc....not to mention the price!

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
OP3T is amazing! You can't go wrong with it. Screen IMO looks awesome but I camw from a Moto X 14' PE.

For the price you get bad *** hardware and a great slim launcher. The Pixel is nice...But again I love the customization of the OP3T.

Whatever device you end up with will be great! Go with what fits your needs the most!

iCoerce

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
I mostly need a phone that works. I also want something that will always be heavy in the rooting world. The OP3T already has lineage and other rom support. Thats a major draw for me honestly.

iCoerce

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Ive seen the screen directly compared to others and It wouldnt bother me because I have a galaxy S5 that I still play around with daily and the screen doesnt bother me. And its lost plenty of its saturation through time lol

Steemlives

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
What is this fuzzy nonsense.... looks sharper than my iPhone 7 ever did, that's for sure.
OP you won't be disappointed, I love my OnePlus, very snappy and stable.

butler83

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I can tell. The Pentile arrangement is what kills it I believe.

This, op3t screen even though 1080p is pentile is not as sharp as 1080p LCD. It's still a good display but if you come from 1440p or it's next to an LCD you'll see the difference. Probably the only thing oneplus cheaped out on this phone.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site

I personally would definitely recommend the purchase. Sure it doesn't contain a microSD card slot and It doesn't come with the water and dust resistant but who cares. For the price, you getting the same processor as the Google Pixel. Which is awesome. I don't think there are any 'Faults' just personal dislikes and preferences. Its not like people are reporting that the camera fall out the back or that the speaker plays Justin Bieber on occasion. haha

grover5

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
This, op3t screen even though 1080p is pentile is not as sharp as 1080p LCD. It's still a good display but if you come from 1440p or it's next to an LCD you'll see the difference. Probably the only thing oneplus cheaped out on this phone.
I've got a nexus 6p and nexus 6 which are both 1440p. It isn't fuzzy. It's also much brighter than either of those screens.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc