Looks like I've sorted out the Battery Life !

doobydoo

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
CM 10.1.2 with all the usual battery saving tips - no sync - 2g - wifi only when you need it - froze loads of google & apps in titanium - using undervolted franco's kernel.
I think this is a good battery life ;)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-08-08-12-45-52.png
    Screenshot_2013-08-08-12-45-52.png
    79.8 KB · Views: 53

TechZOnline

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
To each his own, but seems a bit extreme? I'm happy with my 1-1.5 days of battery life running stock 4.3. And I use wifi and 3g all throughout the day.

jaredsutter

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
CM 10.1.2 with all the usual battery saving tips - no sync - 2g - wifi only when you need it - froze loads of google & apps in titanium - using undervolted franco's kernel.

Can't tell if you're serious. How many features can you turn off and still call it a smartphone?

doobydoo

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I can assure you I am serious..
I can enable any feature I want at anytime and then turn it off after ... defrost in titanium - may look into using greenify instead though.
The number 1 function is the phone for me - sometimes I'm not in a situation where I can hook up to charge for days ;)

mattopotamus

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't care if that got me 10 days. I would rather have 15 hours battery life leaving everything on. I am sure most people charge their phone every night and even in a car ride.

doobydoo

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Batteries have a finite number of charge cycles - so this reduces the chance of having to open up and replace the battery also.

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site

That screenshot means nothing. What was your "screen on" time?

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
That screenshot means nothing. What was your "screen on" time?

Actually, it just demonstrates that in the OP's scenario, that is the type of battery life he gets. Maybe the OP doesn't have/need 3-4 hours of screen on time in his use case. It isn't all about screen on time, and the screenshot is far from useless.

DeadpoolJunior

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Actually, it just demonstrates that in the OP's scenario, that is the type of battery life he gets. Maybe the OP doesn't have/need 3-4 hours of screen on time in his use case. It isn't all about screen on time, and the screenshot is far from useless.

Agreed. Everybody uses their phone differently. Just the fact that the phone idles this well is amazing though. 5 days? Not bad at all. I'm constantly on my phone so my day looks more like 10-15hrs and 2-4hrs SOT.

Posted via Android Central App

doobydoo

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
funny how I get no thanks for doing this experiment to show you
but people who have done nothing except comment on it get thanks & likes
Don't think II'll bother with this forum anymore ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MusicChris63