Looks Like VZW

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
It's possible it's still coming to Verizon, like the one I saw. But it's also possible they only had the old VZW user manual. Notice how they covered up where the carrier logo would be on the phone. :-/

sc32valve

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
You can see in the External Photos that the Verizon Model # ADR6325VW is in a couple places.

It is a bit concerning that the Verizon logo is covered, but it was probably covered in Sept. when the application was filed. These documents must have just the confidentiality agreement run out.

Stagger0

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
If they covered it up, isn't it likely to be a multi-carrier phone then? Just lilke the Galaxy S series. This thing could be coming to VZW, AllTell, US Cellular and Metro for all we know.

AmousmosesMW

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
It's possible it's still coming to Verizon, like the one I saw. But it's also possible they only had the old VZW user manual. Notice how they covered up where the carrier logo would be on the phone. :-/

Any idea when we might know for sure whether the Merge is in fact coming to VZW and if so, when that might happen?

I have been waiting for the Thunderbolt, but as I have been waiting, I have been wondering more and more whether I really need the Bolt. I don't have 4g LTE in my area yet so that is not a necessity. I don't even have a data plan right now and I don't plan on being a high data user. I like the smaller size of the Incredible (pocket size). And, I love the physical keyboard option on my enV Touch. So when I saw the possibility of the Merge coming to VZW, I started thinking that might be perfect for me (at least for onext year) and it makes me question my Bolt decision even more.

Prospect62

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I have been waiting for the Thunderbolt, but as I have been waiting, I have been wondering more and more whether I really need the Bolt. I don't have 4g LTE in my area yet so that is not a necessity. I don't even have a data plan right now and I don't plan on being a high data user. I like the smaller size of the Incredible (pocket size). And, I love the physical keyboard option on my enV Touch. So when I saw the possibility of the Merge coming to VZW, I started thinking that might be perfect for me (at least for onext year) and it makes me question my Bolt decision even more.

I feel the exact same way. No 4G LTE here and I'd have no real need for it anyway. As far as I'm concerned, the Incredible is about the state of the art right now. If only they could package it in something more premium than rejected plastic from the Fisher Price factory...geez HTC, how about building the phone with exterior quality to match your software quality?

Anyway...

A source inside Verizon has advised me to look for the Merge (and it is coming) around May.

Apparently I was the first person to ever ask about the Merge at this particular Verizon store...he was surprised I even knew about it. But he wasn't a jerk and came right out with the info. Merge coming, May 2011.

I hope it's worth the wait...

AmousmosesMW

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
A source inside Verizon has advised me to look for the Merge (and it is coming) around May.

Apparently I was the first person to ever ask about the Merge at this particular Verizon store...he was surprised I even knew about it. But he wasn't a jerk and came right out with the info. Merge coming, May 2011.

I hope it's worth the wait...

I don't know if I could wait til May or if my enV Touch will last til May. Plus, from watching the TB forum, I hesitate believing whether May is accurate :eek:;) Plus, if TB comes out next week as the boards seem to be predicting, I will be further tempted. :confused:

sc32valve

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
It's absolutely ridiculous to release this phone in May. Especially since it's been in almost final form since last November. With so many phones on their way, why are they still pushing the Merge? Unless they think the Droid 3 is going to take until next May?

dyslexicbunny

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Merge coming, May 2011.

I'm surprised at the wait. I don't consider May spring. Well at least not in Atlanta. All Verizon is doing is encouraging me to look at Sprint and get the EVO Shift.

And with a wait that long, I wonder how the Merge will match up against the Droid 3 (provided it's slated for a Summer/early Fall release).

mercury694

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
This phone will be a little long in the tooth by May. I'd really like this layout in a HTC device- but with it's already shaky specs, I don't see how it's going to compete with any of it's peers. God help it if it's still sporting Bing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12