Lost all my photos in my camera folder after taking a video, what should I do?

A

AC Question

Lost all my photos in my camera folder after taking video

I had about 700+ photos under the album "camera 1" on my samsung galaxy light and when I took a video last night I noticed today that I have no photos under that album but only the video. I looked under my files and checked both Device Storage and SD memory card and nothing is there only the video. I have no idea what happened. Could it be the video was too large and therefore took up the album space? Is that even possible? Please help :(

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lost all my photos in my camera folder after taking video

Look for a folder named camera 1. It may be in another folder. It may be in another folder inside another folder. There's no telling how deep it is. Apps like Gallery show only the last folder name as the album name.

If you still can't find them, if the files were on the external SD card, you can get back any that weren't overwritten with PhotoRec (instructions at PhotoRec Step By Step). If the files were on the phone, you can try rooting the phone and installing an app like DiskDigger undelete (root). (You can't recover deleted files from an unrooted phone. And rooting and installing th app will probably overwrite at least a few of th pictures you're trying to recover.)

If the files were on the SD card, run SD Insight on it. If it's a counterfeit card, saving the video most likely put it where the photos were, overwriting them, and they're gone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz