Lost my entire data while unlocking bootloader Samsung A50

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi
I made a terrible mistake while unlocking bootloader of my Samsung A50 without knowing that this is gonna wipe my entire data.
I know i made a terrible mistake without knowing the rules . Now all i want is get back my Data.
I did some research about it and all is saying i need root access to do that. Now my question is is there any way to do that without rooting or even if i need to root do i have to install TWRP for that?(i don't want to wipe/format again as this might effect the previous data recovery.)
What should i do now?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Play silly games...

The short answer is no. You can restore whatever was backed up through your Google account or your Samsung account but it will never be everything that was lost. Even if you root, you'll be starting over from zero but from then on you can make backups that will include everything. Once you root your device you can make the most complete backups ever but only from where you started, zero, after rooting.

I'm really surprised that the bootloader instructions didn't include like 3 or 4 different warnings that proceeding will erase everything. They used to if yours did not. While there really isn't going to be much that anyone can do to help you the best place to look for help would be, first where you got your unlock instructions, followed by XDA Developer's forum. They are all about root, MODs and ROMs and they may be able to help you get back more than us randos online.

If you would like to reply to this thread and receive notifications when others leave replies, please create an account. This link will help you do that.. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community-new-post.html

Best wishes

sarosata9

Dec 30, 2021
Visit site
@VidJunky
Thanks for the answer. They really did not warn me about entire data wipe :( they just said Yes or No for unlocking and boom all wiped.
Now as i seen some articles about data recovery does those really works for such incident or after wiping data by default it can't be recovered due to android data security?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
@VidJunky
Thanks for the answer. They really did not warn me about entire data wipe :( they just said Yes or No for unlocking and boom all wiped.
Now as i seen some articles about data recovery does those really works for such incident or after wiping data by default it can't be recovered due to android data security?
Welcome to AC!
It definitely warns you when you unlock bootloader with adb command, it asks to use volume button to accept or not when bootloader going be unlocked. The problem is now your data is deleted , is a recovery application going get that back i doubt it , im surprised you dont back up your device regularly incase something goes wrong . My suggestion is future wise back up your device with cloud service , manufacturer service and computer .

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It only warned me do i want to unlock or not that's all
i do backup my data but for last 3 month's i forgot :( and now i am paying the price for dis
learned my lesson ....
Sorry you have to learn this way , Smart switch on pc is another great option to back up which i do with my Samsung devices