Lost my phone in the house and the ringer is off. How can I find it?

A

AC Question

I misplaced my Galaxy s4 phone in my house today. The ringer is off, so when I call it nothing happens. Any other methods that I can use to find it?

mannw1977

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
You post a issue and get help.! Then leave dpham hanging?! Did you find it? . Lol. Device manager will force a ring from the phone. You can go to Google play on computer and download it there to use the app. All without the phone in hand.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
There was a helpful thread seeking similar help in the last few days saying they tried to Ring with ADM but they had Media or Notifications sounds turned down.
That made sense and I planned to try it from my pc but didn't, and I am down to one device.

I guess ADM would Rng over Data ?, so it wouldn't matter if the call volume was down.

I wonder how the Original Poster fared.

Paul1foster2

Oct 19, 2017
Visit site
I can confirm that it works. I found this thread because Samsung does not seem to have the same feature. It work by ringing your phone for 5 minutes at a time. I have an S7. it ended up being in my wifes car, my bad.

Aksa Ghulam

May 31, 2018
Visit site
I couldn't find my phone (Samsung Galaxy s5) and it was somewhere at home, the ringtone was also turned off so I installed the "find device" app on play store and rang my phone. Thankfully I found it in 3/4 minutes. The app does work and I am very happy.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I couldn't find my phone (Samsung Galaxy s5) and it was somewhere at home, the ringtone was also turned off so I installed the "find device" app on play store and rang my phone. Thankfully I found it in 3/4 minutes. The app does work and I am very happy.

Thank you and welcome. :)

Similar helpful feedback from others in this thread would have helped us all.

Joshua Leon

Apr 14, 2019
Visit site
Did you try Android device manager as posted above?

Sent from my Verizon LG G4

it does not work unless you have find my device turned on. I do not and there seems to be no method to find my phone. It finds it in my house it knows that much however we have searched everything so lets see family memebers who are (language redacted by Mod) and hate me younger brother blames someone for everything for his own stupidity hates me hmm maybe set my phone down close by and turned around and he grabbed it. Who the hell knows

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Sorry, but there's only so much that technology can do. It can't fix dysfunctional relationships or people. It sounds like the best you can do is modify your behavior and never let your device out of your sight.