Lost SD Card Support (via USB)

trevgriff

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
After my Eris received the latest update I lost the ability to transfer files to and from the SD card. After this latest update the card is no longer visible even after selecting mount sd card.

PC is a windows 7 ultimate 64 bit machine, prior to the update everything was fine.

Update is software version # 1.17.605.1 (second ota update)

Has anyone else noticed this issue?

IzelTokatl

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
uninstall the driver you updated to.

I'm on windows 7 (i'm on 32bit) and I had the same issue, did a windows system update while my eris was installed and it found a "hero" driver or something to that regards. I did it thinking it would help (nothing was broken but hey its a newer driver). then my eris stopped allowing me to access the SD card.

FIX:
look for Device Manager and run it. Plug in your Eris. Then the very first item in the driver list should be the Eris (i believe its something starting with ATxx or ADxx or APxx), I forgot what it says. then right click on it, select properties. click on the Drivers tab.Choose the Uninstall Drivers button, then be sure to "delete" the drivers via the option (again I forget what it actually says, but you do get the option).

That will work.

IzelTokatl

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
uninstall the driver you updated to.

I'm on windows 7 (i'm on 32bit) and I had the same issue, did a windows system update while my eris was installed and it found a "hero" driver or something to that regards. I did it thinking it would help (nothing was broken but hey its a newer driver). then my eris stopped allowing me to access the SD card.

FIX:
look for Device Manager and run it. Plug in your Eris. Then the very first item in the driver list should be the Eris (i believe its something starting with ATxx or ADxx or APxx), I forgot what it says. then right click on it, select properties. click on the Drivers tab.Choose the Uninstall Drivers button, then be sure to "delete" the drivers via the option (again I forget what it actually says, but you do get the option).

That will work.

IzelTokatl

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
It works just fine on pc, but win7 has some "updated" driver that is for the hero and the pc doesn't know what to do with it once you update the driver ... go figure. But out of the box its no issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salpha