Loving it so far - glad I caved

hazelgreen

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Finally got the Maxx yesterday. I am loving it. I was worried it would be buggy and slow like my Droid X - - it is sooooo much better! There is no lagging, the speed is great (even on 3g).

Only adjustment is how long it takes to charge. I've had it on the charger since about 1 pm and it's only at 60 percent. Is that normal?

Still haven't had a whole lot of time to play with it. Damn work and kids. :)

hazelgreen

May 27, 2011
Visit site
At work with the charger it came with. My X would charge within an hour but wouldn't last long. I'm just hoping this will last at least a full day on one charge.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

Uselessbass

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Its just taking longer cause the maxxs battery is massive I believe its 3300 mah if I'm not mistaken

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

hazelgreen

May 27, 2011
Visit site
LOL, sorry. I'm not sure exactly, just that he battery was red. I believe it started at 20 percent when plugged in. I charged it yesterday from 630-930 then couldn't wait any longer and unplugged it. So it was unplugged from 930 am to 1 pm on first charge with moderate to heavy use. As soon as I started downloading apps battery obviously started getting low.

1fastmr2

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the MAXX family :) think about this.....the bigger the battery the more time it takes to recharge it! I just recharge mine at night it and I'm ready for a long day without it needing charge :):)

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the MAXX family :) think about this.....the bigger the battery the more time it takes to recharge it!

Exactly, think of it as a gas tank, the bigger it is, the more it takes to fill it.

Just properly cycle the battery and you will be spoiled by its capacity in no time.

hazelgreen

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone put screen protectors on their phone? Is it necessary? I'm a habitual phone dropper so I'm thinking I should get one....

ac295

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't use a screen protector and don't have a scratch.

I think my phone charges pretty fast. I was expecting results like the OP, but I am def surprised at how fast it charges.

1fastmr2

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Some use a screen protector. I think screen protector makes the screen look blurred

hazelgreen

May 27, 2011
Visit site
So at 10:30 pm, phone was at 100%. Didn't plug in overnight, was about 70% when I woke up at 6:30. Does that sound right?

I still use my DroidX for alarm clock (use both phones for alarms, and I still get up late) and it had only drained about 10-15% the same amount of hours. Smart Actions is enabled at night (turn off data, etc.)

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
So at 10:30 pm, phone was at 100%. Didn't plug in overnight, was about 70% when I woke up at 6:30. Does that sound right?

make sure your smart actions are kicking in like they are supposed to. when you go into a 'rule' it will show you when the last time it was activated. i turn off all data when im sleeping. also it may take a week or so for the battery to be fully optimized.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site

I still use my DroidX for alarm clock (use both phones for alarms, and I still get up late) and it had only drained about 10-15% the same amount of hours. Smart Actions is enabled at night (turn off data, etc.)

That seems high. I started off at 4:30AM with a full charge. It's now 2PM and I show 90%. Sent a few texts and updated some apps, that's it.

When you are not using it, turn off wifi. For some reason it's a battery hog on the Razr. There is a preinstalled widget to turn off wifi specifically. That made a big difference for me.

hazelgreen

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't use wifi at all, so it's never turned on. It went from 100% to 80% in three hours with minimal use.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danielnz