LTE and BT

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
BT connects peripherals (earphones, speakers, smartwatched) to the phone. LTE connects your phone to the internet. If you're not using the internet, and you don't need VoLTE, turn off mobile data if you want to save a little battery.

If you mean on the watch itself, it;s the same thing, really. The watch connects to the phone via BT. If that's the only connection you want (voice, text, time), turn off mobile data.

DanielLoreti

Sep 20, 2018
Visit site
BT connects peripherals (earphones, speakers, smartwatched) to the phone. LTE connects your phone to the internet. If you're not using the internet, and you don't need VoLTE, turn off mobile data if you want to save a little battery.

If you mean on the watch itself, it;s the same thing, really. The watch connects to the phone via BT. If that's the only connection you want (voice, text, time), turn off mobile data.

Well I'm not getting push notifications for hangouts through BT for some reason even though it's check on in the wearable app. I mainly want just voice and text through the watch so i figured I would just use mobile data that way I don't always have to have my phone on me plus I would save some battery on my Note 9 by not having BT on all the time.

Push notifications are working for gmail with BT, but Hangouts and FB messenger are not.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felichino