LTE Duplicate messages

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
When on bluetooth which is 90% of the time, I get text messages however if I leave phone behind and go on cellular every message that I received on bluetooth is now redownloaded over about 10 minutes. Any way to stop this?

itinj6

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Same problem on the S3. Was hoping it would be fixed with the GW. Now i have no real reason to "upgrade." I'm thinking it might be a carrier issue though. I'm on T-Mo using data with paired digits...

Mandarita

Sep 19, 2017
Visit site
I'm getting the same thing on my S3 on T-Mobile with digits and it's crazy annoying. I had to change my watch face because the one I had been using showed me my notification badges. While my watch had it's own phone number,t his wasn't an issue at all. But T-Mobile talked me into using their Digits program and now it sucks.

itinj6

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Wouldn't be so terrible if you can clear them all with one press, but having to open each duplicate text to clear the notification badge is extremely annoying. Is everyone going through that too or amI missing something?

Mandarita

Sep 19, 2017
Visit site
Wouldn't be so terrible if you can clear them all with one press, but having to open each duplicate text to clear the notification badge is extremely annoying. Is everyone going through that too or amI missing something?

Exactly. I could live with this if I could clear all of the unread notifications in one step. I don't have the time or inclination to clear 100+ unread text messages

ajbrad71

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I had to mine back to tmobile. problem with LTE no working and they had to switch something on there and. Since then I haven't had the double notifications.

ajbrad71

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Would likemore info. What your LTE wasnt doing

It just completely stopped. Only bluetooth was working. The rep on the phone said I was on the wrong planned changes something. Didn't say what, just rebooted the phone and watch and it worked

busa2006

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Talked with technical support they say it's a known issue and Samsung working on update. Now why could just be lying who knows

gonecks1

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I took away all permissions for Samsung Messages on my Note 8 and on the watch. We'll see if this stops the duplicate messages when I disconnect from the phone

gonecks1

May 11, 2011
Visit site
No more duplicate messages. Don't know if it's one or the other, or both. but I've disconnected from bt multiple times and no old messages were received

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aarone