LTE network available in KC (briefly -come back soon!)

spectre120991r

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
2j65O.png

For at least a couple days the KC area LTE network (4G) was available to my LT EVO.. I lost it yesterday, but it's a good sign for the KC area LTE folks I'm thinking. Peak was around 9.5 mbps up, and 5+ mpbs down. You can see the lone Wifi result (from my home network) as a comparison. I won't even bother listing a 3G result for comparison (as it's miserable).

doomstang

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Would you mind sending some of those towers east to the St Louis area? Thanks in advance :D

Sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk

geauxlsutigers

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Strange, LTE speeds in ATL have been averaging 25mbps and peaking at 30+. It could be that they are doing testing and that tower you were on is not fully functional yet. Still, if they can consistently deliver 10 megs, I'll be happy.

jsherm10

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I live in ATL and the manager of the sprint store said LTE was being turned on until mid August. I was surprised he told me that and he probably has no real idea. I told him I wasn't upgrading to an LTE device until sprint turns it on.

themuffinman

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
I live in ATL and the manager of the sprint store said LTE was being turned on until mid August. I was surprised he told me that and he probably has no real idea. I told him I wasn't upgrading to an LTE device until sprint turns it on.

There are more live lte sites in atlanta than in any other launch city as of right now. I highly doubt sprint will wait until august to flip the switch for atlanta or for their opening launch.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jonaslii