LTE Network Up in Merrillville Indiana

k425

May 21, 2010
Visit site
So I'm just outside of Chicago in Merrillville Indiana today for work. I have Mobile Data on but I thought I had CDMA only selected. Then I notice the 4G icon lit up! So I checked settings menu and sure enough CDMA and LTE is on. I so I ran a speed test and here's the results! Woohoo... Sprint LTE FTW!!

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE

yoshi351

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Wow thats awesome. I cant wait for my evo to come in. I hope Boston lte is up :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
He'll have those speeds for now considering he's the only one on the tower those are NOT realistically what your going to see on a day-to-day basis

sent via android central forums app
Still even when it does start to load up it will still probably blow away the best days on Wimax...

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Still even when it does start to load up it will still probably blow away the best days on Wimax...

I wouldn't know that much about wimax but lte on Verizon was that fast at the beginning on my tbolt but after a while once more ppl hit the towers my rezound and my razr I regularly saw speeds of 15-25mbps down and around 9 up still pretty freaken good compared to 1mbps on 3g cdma

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't know that much about wimax but lte on Verizon was that fast at the beginning on my tbolt but after a while once more ppl hit the towers my rezound and my razr I regularly saw speeds of 15-25mbps down and around 9 up still pretty freaken good compared to 1mbps on 3g cdma

Your regular speeds on Verizon's LTE is considered an extremely good day on WiMax ;)

King Koopa VI

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm training in Grand Rapids MI for the next couple of days, might have to turn my LTE radio on for the drive and see if I can pick up something. My buddy's Dad works for AT&T (corporate) in the Lansing area, he says Sprint and AT&T are working together on the LTE network there. Well, Sprint is using some of AT&T's fiber optics, or something along those lines. When I get more news about it I'll post it.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chao