LTE on in Atlanta!?

mattb_00

May 27, 2012
Visit site
Loving my new EVO, noticed something interesting in Atlanta today. My 4G indicator was on so I pulled out the Speedtest app. low and behold, got a consistant 10-15mb down and 10mb up. Even got 20 down once. Sure sounds like a LTE soft launch to me. Anyone else seeing this?

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Loving my new EVO, noticed something interesting in Atlanta today. My 4G indicator was on so I pulled out the Speedtest app. low and behold, got a consistant 10-15mb down and 10mb up. Even got 20 down once. Sure sounds like a LTE soft launch to me. Anyone else seeing this?

Sweet

Congrats man!

Let us know how the battery life is and also if the signal is strong and
if the 4G signal drops out easily like Wimax?

Happy_man

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Don't forget that you can screen shot your phone now, just press the power key and the volume down button at the same time to do it. Let's see those 4g speeds!!!!

Scottyd

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Cool. I'm in Atlanta as well. But I can't get 4G. Can't even find the option on my phone.

Where is it? It was so much easier to find on the OG EVO and the EVO 3D.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2

mattb_00

May 27, 2012
Visit site
Cool. I'm in Atlanta as well. But I can't get 4G. Can't even find the option on my phone.

Screenshot_2012-05-27-16-48-34.png

I'm on the west side of town, I wonder if it's a limited area. Also, now that I'm in the house, no more 4G. :(

My 4G was on by default, the settings for it are under Mobile network in the settings.

Didn't know about taking screen shots, that's pretty cool. Here's a screenshot of the Speedtest runs.

Reactions: cloak.n.dagger

Scottyd

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Good stuff. Probably just a dry run or something till they turn it on for good (which I hope is soon).

Those are some good speeds though. Can't wait!

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site

There's no toggle anymore, and if you didn't turn it off manually, it should still be on. Pull down your notification bar, and tap the Settings icon. Then tap on "Mobile network" (not the toggle), and you should see this screen:

24en8ki.png

You can choose to run only CDMA, or both LTE and CDMA.

2ziq7ir.png

jmartinbsu

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Where in Indiana!? In Muncie and haven't seen LTE yet. (I'm guessing the college towns will get it first, most likely Lafayette)...

svargas05

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I won't believe it until I see somebody's screen shot with the 4G indicator on.

I'm in Dallas, TX , which is one of the initial cities to be launching LTE and I have nothing.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
SO jealous! In ATX and no LTE for me/us. Didn't even see ATX on the future road map, but saw Waco! Really?! Oh well, all good things come in time, just as my E4GLTE did!

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Awesome 4g speeds but couldnt help but to notice that your battery is almost drained and its only 4:48pm. have you been using it alot or are you having battery drain issues as well?

Fraydog

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Highland, IN is in NW Indiana in the Chicago metro. It's much closer to Chicago than the rumored live sites which weren't in Kankakee were. That just seems like an odd place for a site to go live knowing Chicago was an area where Sprint was moving slow with Network Vision.