major help need back a deleted pic

bjballar41

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
i accidentally deleted a very important pic is there anyway i can get it back at this point idc to pay for an app or tool i just need it back deleted it last night and had saved it earlier that day

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If it's on the external SD card, download PhotoRec, burn it to a disk, put the SD card into a card reader and plug it into the computer and use the disk you burned to start the computer. PhotoRec will recover anything that looks like a known file type, including all picture formats.

If the picture was on internal storage, and the phone isn't already rooted (you have to be rooted to recover deleted files) and you don't already have a file recovery app installed, rooting or installing the app could overwrite the picture you want to recover.

An old computer saw says that any file you don't have backed up to at least 2 different destinations is a file you don't want.

DiskDigger will recover pictures for free and other filetypes if you pay for it.

illdini

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Are you sure it's deleted & the album isn't hidden?

Not to be a nag, but this is why you 1. set your photos to save to SD card (easier recovery with PhotoRec, Testdisk or other recovery tools) and 2. periodically copy them to external drive and/or cloud storage (both, if possible).

MC_A_DOT

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
if you have a Google+ account linked to your album it saves in "auto-awsome"

I have 2 copies of every picture on my phone.