Major Samsung Bixby update leaves Google Assistant in the dust.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Idk about it leaving Google in the dust lol. Google is still king, but Bixby is definitely second and has been improving ever phone release. I just wish Bixby had the voice dictation that Google has as their dictation is next level and unmatched.

Sent from my "Mellow Yellow S23 Ultra" using AC Forums mobile app

kide#WN

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Every time Samsung releases Bixby updates, they claim it will be a "Google Assistant killer". Will never happen.

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
For the first time....ive replaced google assistant with Bixby and absolute love it.

Not sure if it's a Google killer yet, but maybe one day

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I just tried Bixby on my s23 and as far as I am concerned Google is way ahead of Bixby.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Every time Samsung releases Bixby updates, they claim it will be a "Google Assistant killer". Will never happen.
Don't get me wrong I like Bixby and think there's a ton of things it does that Google doesn't, but Googles integration is more than just talking and asking questions. You really gain a special appreciation for their assistant when you've used it on one of their pixel devices. Their software is completely center around their assistant. I so wish it was available to purchase on Galaxy devices. That's would be my greatest tech dream come true .

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Just refreshed myself with a recent comparison video and just like all the other videos and from personal experience results were the same. Google assistant and Bixby neck and neck (either excelling at what the other lacks), Alexa not far behind and Siri of course dead last (as usual). I really don't understand why Apple hasn't improved Siri when it comes to given responses to web related things. I guess because most Apple users will just deal with it like every other feature they want that hasn't been offered by Apple . Screenshot_20230222_194238.jpg

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
That is what infuriated me about Siri the most. If you ask Google assistant a question such as asking for a sports score, you get the answer.
You ask Siri the same question, and half the time you get "I don't have an app installed for that".

It's like Siri can't search the web (maybe Google blocks it?), and has to use info from installed apps for the answers.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
That is what infuriated me about Siri the most. If you ask Google assistant a question such as asking for a sports score, you get the answer.
You ask Siri the same question, and half the time you get "I don't have an app installed for that".

It's like Siri can't search the web (maybe Google blocks it?), and has to use info from installed apps for the answers.
I doubt they block it since Apple doesn't actually use Google search. I always chuckle when siri says "this is what I found on the web". I didn't ask you to show me a link. I asked you to tell me. If I just wanted to read it then I would have searched for it myself lol.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

It's interesting that your first thought when an Apple product has a problem is "it must be Googles fault". I think it actually comes from Apples pretend user privacy... Even if Google could block Siri search, why would they? they've historically paid Apple billions to be the default search engine, you think they did that just to make Siri look bad?

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Am I the only person that really doesn't use either? I ask Bixby to start a countdown timer every once in a great while, but that's about it.

1raygin

Jun 24, 2017
Visit site
The article does mention that the new features are only available in Korea for the time being. I take that to mean that at a future date, the features will be rolled out to other countries.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
May be it's a good idea for Samsung to take over Android feature development from Google (One UI is very productive). Google struggling with pixels for quite sometime and Android going no where. Just my 2¢.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ezeifeduba Daniel