Market Update Notifications Causing FC

chrisliphart

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Okay, the subject might be tad misleading; the notifications themselves aren't causing a force close, but I can't even set notifications. They are currently off, and I'd like to turn them on, but when I select Notifications in the My Downloads section, Market crashes. I've tried rebooting, and it still happens. I'm a bit new to Android, but I don't think I'm doing anything wrong. Anyone else seeing this issue? Anybody got any ideas on how to fix it?

bikedogrun

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Okay, the subject might be tad misleading; the notifications themselves aren't causing a force close, but I can't even set notifications. They are currently off, and I'd like to turn them on, but when I select Notifications in the My Downloads section, Market crashes. I've tried rebooting, and it still happens. I'm a bit new to Android, but I don't think I'm doing anything wrong. Anyone else seeing this issue? Anybody got any ideas on how to fix it?
Sadly; notifications for Android Market apps is not supported (i.e. DOES NOT WORK) on Android 1.5.

Simple fix to the issue is to turn market notifications off (for now). With the upcoming (soon, hopefully!) Android 2.1 update, we will all get a new version of Android Market and this issue goes away. It actually works on Android 1.6 and newer, just not on 1.5... :rolleyes:

/BD :cool:

spasmonaut#AC

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
The "simple fix" WOULD be simple, provided we could access that menu to make the appropriate change. But as the OP originally pointed out, just selecting it crashes the app. In either case, I guess we now know why.

BShep

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
OK Ill post this question here since its very closely related. I just ran the software update on my CLIQ, which sadly only got me to T-Mobile Firmware ver 1.5 and Blur ver 1.3.18.

My problem is now I cant access text messaging in any way. I can receive them but when I click to open it crashes, this has been ongoing for a few hours now. I have tried accessing from widgets and home menu, No response. Everything else seems to be gr8.

Anybody have any suggestions to correct?

jamaltturner

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
my fone can wit os 1.5 but im gettin tiered of waitin for the os 2.1 my moto blur has been updated so motorola an android are taken there sweet time gettin a os update wen all the other phone have the updates

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wanderer