Max Go, NetFlix, HBO Go?!?!?!

BoomerFZ1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Why can we not view these channels on our Acer's without rooting (which I haven't been able to do yet)??? I mean you'd think they'd allow these apps on all tablets due to size and most are merely Wifi requiring no cell data. I can check all these on my 1+ year old Fascinate but NOT my Acer....UGH!!!!

Just wondering if anyone knows the reason for this.

trgilman

May 26, 2011
Visit site
You're asking the wrong people. The content providers are the ones that have to develop official apps for tablets.
In the meantime, we have the ability to root and install work-arounds to get the content we want.

In all honesty, I'm seeing a bunch of complaints about the limitations of not just the A500, but all of the Android tablets. They are only limited by your knowledge and willingness to tweak the OS to do what you desire.
If you don't feel comfortable doing these things, then spend the extra money and get an iPad. Of course you'll have to live in that walled garden.

BoomerFZ1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I've had several android phones I've mod'd over the years but I can't seem to get this to root. I'm sure given time I'll figure it out. Hey gunnin, I'll assume that's in the settings? I have to try that. It'll probably allow hulu too.

sonicbluemustang

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
I've had several android phones I've mod'd over the years but I can't seem to get this to root. I'm sure given time I'll figure it out. Hey gunnin, I'll assume that's in the settings? I have to try that. It'll probably allow hulu too.

This has to be one of the easiest roots.You need to download Iconiaroot.apk. :)

Tyndall

May 17, 2010
Visit site
How does rooting fix it? Does it mean I can install the HBO GO apk and watch through the app, or just that the browser workaround will work better?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buccy