Max vs. min. battery % per hour (how high/low can you go?)

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
If you are surfing, watching video at full screen brightness, what percentage of battery/hour might you expect?

Overnight, how low can you go from a battery percent/hour?

Thanks!

Mike

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
That's such a loaded question because everyone sets their phone up different. Me for instance have nothing pushing and all email accounts are set to manual. That would make a big difference compared to someone who has push notifications on for fb and other apps and has their emails constantly popping up when ever they come in. If I forget to put on my dock at night I lose maybe a total of 12 percent. 2 percent a hour sounds about right for me. When I am at gym on a machine, screen full brightness watching a movie,, streaming, in a hour I lose maybe 7 to 10 percent.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
At max brightness on streaming video, probably around 1/3 battery.

Overnight drain depends. With all the syncs, s-voice set to always listening and 4GLTE running probably 1.5% per hour

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
It depends on the color of the Web, if it's full brightness and mostly white, it may go as high as 25%/hr. If it's mostly black, it could be 10% /hr.

Overnight, with background sync and data off, it can go as low as 0.1 to 0.2%/hr.

@T-Mobile GN3

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I achieved 0.6%/hour over night.

With 3 hours of screen time in the last 20 hours, and 40 minutes speaking on the phone, I used 48% of my battery.

That's pretty good! (Including the overnight, that's an over-all average of 2.8 % / hour. )

My screen was 40% brightest, and 40% darkest.