Maxx Battery Not Lasting

mgindi26

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Well, I got my Maxx 3 weeks ago and the battery is definately not performing as advertised, after 10 hours being off the charger with only 2 hours of the screen actually being on i'm down to 50% also the screen and back gets hot! Luckily I managed to convice Verizon to send me out a new one instead of a refurb since I first complained about it within the first 2 weeks. And now I see this link on another forum for the maxx HD http://www.droid-life.com/2012/06/08...droid-razr-hd/ I must say it looks great but I'm not willing to lose my unlimited data to wait for it.
Did anyone else have battery problems?

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I had issues with my first Razr Maxx. The battery would drain incredibly fast, even after a factory reset. The other thing it would do is drop all connections (cell, data and wf-fi), and cycle them back on every minute or two. It was like this out of the box. I swapped it the next day and it's been flawless.

Do you remember this happening after installing any apps?

mgindi26

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Not any apps in particular. I even had the smart actions working that if it wasnt moving it would shut of background sync. I hope it's just a lemon.

hazelgreen

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm on my fourth full day with the Max and battery seems to be getting somewhat better. I did factory reset last night because I think I had a rogue app, not quite sure. Anyway, I'm at 50% right now (54 via badass battery monitor) and it's been unplugged since 630 am. Not bad. I haven't really used it a whole lot (maybe an hour) but it's still better than even yesterday when I was at 30% at 1 pm after no use. So I'm hoping after a couple more cycles it will get better. I'm going to see how much longer I can get out of it.

I did talk with a rep from Verizon today and he agreed my battery isn't performing as it should. Because I did a factory reset he wants me to wait til tomorrow or Sunday to see if it improves. If it doesn't, they will give me another new Maxx. He was super helpful and even gave me his direct dial and said he will document everything so there's a history. So we will see how the next couple days go. I really like this phone, so hopefully it will get better. Fingers crossed for both of us!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I think that when we report battery life results on here, our ideas of usage patterns vary enough to make our comments left to interpretation only. Therefore I propose that when we state that we get this or that on light, moderate or heavy use, that we also include our average monthly data usage over 3 or 4G and specify which it is, so that the rest of us can properly gage what kind of user we are verses someone else stating 60hrs. It's only fair. I'll start by saying I average 15gb a month on 4G and challenge all of you to state your usage this way instead of saying low, medium, high or extreme. What do those terms mean to us without real usage numbers anyway. While I get only 24 hrs out of mine at 15GB a month, a person only averaging 1GB a month is obviously using their device way less than I am and therefore would indicate to us that your idling while mine is hard at work. I’d like to know that as part of knowing someone is achieving 60hrs from theirs making me feel like there’s something wrong with mine. If they happen to be getting those results while using it as much as me, then I will know that there could be something wrong with mine and I'll need to check into it further. So let’s be honest people, and disclose these things to keep these reports fair and balanced shall we.

Last edited:

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I think that when we report battery life results on here, our ideas of usage patterns vary enough to make our comments left to interpretation only. Therefore I propose that when we state that we get this or that on light, moderate or heavy use, that we also include our average monthly data usage over 3 or 4G and specify which it is, so that the rest of us can properly gage what kind of user we are verses someone else stating 60hrs. It's only fair. I'll start by saying I average 15gb a month on 4G and challenge all of you to state your usage this way instead of saying low, medium, high or extreme. What do those terms mean to us without real usage numbers anyway. While I get only 24 hrs out of mine at 15GB a month, a person only averaging 1GB a month is obviously using their device way less than I am and therefore would indicate to us that your idling while mine is hard at work. I?d like to know that as part of knowing someone is achieving 60hrs from theirs making me feel like there?s something wrong with mine. If they happen to be getting those results while using it as much as me, then I will know that there could be something wrong with mine and I'll need to check into it further. So let?s be honest people, and disclose these things to keep these reports fair and balanced shall we.

Good point. I average about 8gb a month. Most of that is used via hotspot to my laptop, so that drags my battery life down (I keep it plugged in during hotspotting). While not using hotspot, I easily make it through an entire day without worrying about battery life.

ryanidcomm

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
10 hours at 50% ? thats not terrible.... IF i let my phone shut off in my hand (run it till 0%) i get about 30 hours total according to Bada$$ battery app...

it did take about a week of charging it to get the battery fully optimized

Im a heavy user.. emails, texting, kiking, twitter, instagram I am very happy how long it lasts my droid 3 id have to charge by 2pm everyday

phone makes it from 6 AM till 3AM what I call a 23 year old's day.

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
It will take time to settle in. I recommend buying System Panel. It monitors CPU usage by app, similar to your stock "battery usage", but much more detailed. Helped me identify a rogue app eating my battery.

sent from my rooted Incredible 2 on ICS candy

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
It will take time to settle in. I recommend buying System Panel. It monitors CPU usage by app, similar to your stock "battery usage", but much more detailed. Helped me identify a rogue app eating my battery.

This one. I don't mess with the task manager, as it isn't recommended.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rajurana