maxx getting hot

jeep_man

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I picked up the maxx today and I also picked up a qi charger from the Verizon store. Its the ghost 100 one that says droid on it. I love this phone but after leaving it on the wireless charger for about a half an hour, I noticed that both the charger and phone were scorching hot. Is this normal for wireless charging? Coming from a gnex this is the first phone/tablet that I have used that has wireless charging.

Posted via Android Central App

jeep_man

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Should I be worried about it ruining something.? I bit the bullet and gave up my unlimited and signed a new 2 year contract(needed the unlimited calling) and I dont want to ruin the non removable battery in this beauty. Especially since I will be with her for 2 years.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Should I be worried about it ruining something.? I bit the bullet and gave up my unlimited and signed a new 2 year contract(needed the unlimited calling) and I dont want to ruin the non removable battery in this beauty. Especially since I will be with her for 2 years.

No, the phone can take more then this. You'll be fine.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4.

JimBen73

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
No, the phone can take more then this. You'll be fine.

I hope so. I just bought the Maxx along with the same wireless charger the op stated. I haven't used it yet but this thread makes me nervous. Will it be OK if I charge it wirelessly overnight?

Posted via my awesome, longer lasting phone than yours aka droid MAXX

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I hope so. I just bought the Maxx along with the same wireless charger the op stated. I haven't used it yet but this thread makes me nervous. Will it be OK if I charge it wirelessly overnight?

Posted via my awesome, longer lasting phone than yours aka droid MAXX

Yes, you'll be fine. Keep in mind this charger is an official product. Its designed by Incipio but it carries the official Droid branding. If there would have been an issue we wouldn't be able to buy the charger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roth4796