May be coming back after trying the Turbo

kansasandroid1

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I have been using a Droid Turbo for over a week now, and I may be coming back to the X. The design of the X is just unmatched while the Turbo keeps looking uglier to me by the day. The camera is no better on the Turbo, the performance is the same and the speaker on the X is much clearer and louder. The number one thing the Turbo does well is battery and it doubles the battery of the X. I honestly don't believe that will be enough to keep me using the Turbo. More than likely I'll be returning the Turbo and coming back to the X

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(43138)

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I switched from the Turbo to the X due to cash. I'm on Unlimited Data Verizon and originally bought the Turbo retail and just couldn't justify the over $700 for the phone plus accessories. I found a guy on Craigslist selling the X for $400 and couldn't be happier. Wish the battery was better, but I honestly don't want to spend my whole day on my phone. Performance wise, I see no drastic difference between the two. I'd rather save $300 and have a beautiful, unique phone (white with bamboo). Lots of cool people to hang out with and stuff to do other than play with a phone. So for me it came down to $300 for a battery. Doesn't seem cost effective to me.

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I've been following the Turbo forum since a friend of mine really wants one and I'm amazed how even with that big honking battery people feel compelled to turn off some of the best Moto features to eke out a teeny bit more battery life. I'm simplifying here but the stats they post are terrific and still some people want more. The Turbo clearly has great battery life, better than the X, so why do some people get one and then turn off all the best stuff? (Then again I have a gorgeous purple X and yet have a stupid frosted cover on it, so go figure.)

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
And for what it's worth, I'm one of the lucky ones who gets great battery life with my X so no complaints here about that. And with the turbo charger I can get more juice fast if I need it. Love that turbo charger!

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
I switched from the Turbo to the X due to cash. I'm on Unlimited Data Verizon and originally bought the Turbo retail and just couldn't justify the over $700 for the phone plus accessories. I found a guy on Craigslist selling the X for $400 and couldn't be happier. Wish the battery was better, but I honestly don't want to spend my whole day on my phone. Performance wise, I see no drastic difference between the two. I'd rather save $300 and have a beautiful, unique phone (white with bamboo). Lots of cool people to hang out with and stuff to do other than play with a phone. So for me it came down to $300 for a battery. Doesn't seem cost effective to me.

Great way to look at it.

AustinTech

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I had the turbo and returned it. I strongly considered the Moto X because I think it's an awesome device, but the battery size and yellowish display bothered me enough to make me go back to my One m8.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
And for what it's worth, I'm one of the lucky ones who gets great battery life with my X so no complaints here about that. And with the turbo charger I can get more juice fast if I need it. Love that turbo charger!

How has Lollipop improved/degraded the battery life. Yes I am one of those turbo owners.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbbunny