Maybe it's me..

jordans0nly

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
But I bought a Pixel 7 Pro for my wife to use. Her Note 20 had a cracked camera. We didn't check to see how much it was to fix at the time it got cracked.

After using Galaxy Note's for a while, she hated the Pixel. I got her Note fixed and paid off the Pixel. I've played with it while at home, but after using a Note 10 for awhile, its much more heavier and just feels cumbersome compared to the Note 10.

I do like a lot of what the Pixel experience offers. And it makes me think, should I sell the Pro and look at the regular 7? The size is comparable to the Note 10. But the thing that gives me pause is the battery life on the 7.

Is that a valid question to have?

Just need some advice. Thanks.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
From the specs I thought it looked worse than the 7.

It kind of depends on what's most important to you. The "a" series tends to have somewhat better battery life, probably due to a less fancy display, without impacting performance that much.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
And the Note 10 I'm using, with a battery over three years old still gets around on average, the same SOT. Wild.

Hard to say how much of a difference it makes, but the 60 Hz refresh rate of the Note10 will contribute to lower battery usage compared to the 120 Hz refresh of the Pixel 7 Pro. (The 7 Pro doesn't have the refresh at 120 Hz all the time -- it bumps it up when appropriate, but that will still increase battery usage compared to a 60 Hz display.)

jordans0nly

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Hard to say how much of a difference it makes, but the 60 Hz refresh rate of the Note10 will contribute to lower battery usage compared to the 120 Hz refresh of the Pixel 7 Pro. (The 7 Pro doesn't have the refresh at 120 Hz all the time -- it bumps it up when appropriate, but that will still increase battery usage compared to a 60 Hz display.)
Right. But go read the posts on the XDA forums. A lot of ppl are turning off 120hz, putting it on 60hz, all sorts of things just to try to get better battery life.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Right. But go read the posts on the XDA forums. A lot of ppl are turning off 120hz, putting it on 60hz, all sorts of things just to try to get better battery life.

I don't doubt it. But my battery life has been spectacular, and i don't really do anything special to try to conserve battery. 5G is on, no power-saving modes, automatic brightness on, and I go from 100% in the morning down to maybe 80% by the end of the day with light usage, and maybe 60% with moderately heavy usage (at work -- I don't do things like game on my phone). Not sure if this has to do with some faulty units, or maybe certain apps that other people are installing that I'm not.

jordans0nly

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I don't doubt it. But my battery life has been spectacular, and i don't really do anything special to try to conserve battery. 5G is on, no power-saving modes, automatic brightness on, and I go from 100% in the morning down to maybe 80% by the end of the day with light usage, and maybe 60% with moderately heavy usage (at work -- I don't do things like game on my phone). Not sure if this has to do with some faulty units, or maybe certain apps that other people are installing that I'm not.
And that's the thing too. They'll turn off 5g. Which in some cases, I could see. 4g does still to me seem faster sometimes.

I just thing it's amazing that ppl are looking into Wakelocks, using battery apps, turn off features of a flagship to try to squeeze out better battery. Android users shouldn't have to do any of that in 2023.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
But I bought a Pixel 7 Pro for my wife to use. Her Note 20 had a cracked camera. We didn't check to see how much it was to fix at the time it got cracked.

After using Galaxy Note's for a while, she hated the Pixel. I got her Note fixed and paid off the Pixel. I've played with it while at home, but after using a Note 10 for awhile, its much more heavier and just feels cumbersome compared to the Note 10.

I do like a lot of what the Pixel experience offers. And it makes me think, should I sell the Pro and look at the regular 7? The size is comparable to the Note 10. But the thing that gives me pause is the battery life on the 7.

Is that a valid question to have?

Just need some advice. Thanks.
So your pixel 7 pro has bad battery Life? Its not making it towards the end of the day?

Those features like 120hz , 5g, power save mode are all there to turn on/off if someone wants best battery over performance or performance over battery life or someone wants something in between.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
And that's the thing too. They'll turn off 5g. Which in some cases, I could see. 4g does still to me seem faster sometimes.

I just thing it's amazing that ppl are looking into Wakelocks, using battery apps, turn off features of a flagship to try to squeeze out better battery. Android users shouldn't have to do any of that in 2023.

Well that's the thing -- I don't have to do that on my 7 Pro. So the possibilities with those people having bad battery life might be boiled down to one or more of the following:

1. Some 3rd party app contributing to drain.
2. Poor cell signal.
3. Possibly buggy system update (especially if they were impatient and sideloaded rather than waited for OTA).
4. Hardware flaw.

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
This is almost identical to my usage and I get very similar battery % at the end of the day. Everything is turned on and battery life is brilliant

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

I totally agree, B. Diddy! For me this is the best Pixel yet. I don't do anything special to conserve battery. I leave my screen brightness at a comfortable, for me, 80%. I'm not a gamer. I seldom ever go below 50% at the end of the day.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Same here, my Pixel 7 pro gets decent battery, I usually have at least 40%by the end of the day with my usage if not a tad bit more.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

mutant777

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Same here. I usually have around 50% battery at the end of the day.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app

Zorrak

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
I went from a Galaxy S21 to a Pixel 7Pro and the Pixel battery life is WAY better. The standby is great. I use to charge my S21 about 20% at some point after mid day so i wouldn't get too low by the end of the work day. My Pixel hasn't ended a work day (usually about 6-3)past like 38%. This is with all the things on....120hz, 5g, etc and auto brightness. Yesterday i left the house at 630, I barely used my phone at all but around 11 or 1130 noticed it was at 98%! I'm starting to think maybe my S21 was the problem with something draining the battery

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
That's a completely reasonable question and idea! I'd recommend playing with a Pixel 7 in the store to see if the height, weight, and overall setup of the phone appeals to you. Keep us posted on what you decide!

jordans0nly

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
That's a completely reasonable question and idea! I'd recommend playing with a Pixel 7 in the store to see if the height, weight, and overall setup of the phone appeals to you. Keep us posted on what you decide!
I'll take a look today. But would the Pixel 7 be a downgrade from the Note 10?

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
No. Unless you can't do without the pen.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tommysee