Media Scanner won't stop Tab 10.1

darrylpierce

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else having an issue with Media Scanner? I have had the Tab for 5 days and as of today every time I try to play music or watch video the apps won't start and it says media scanner running. I have rebooted several times and it just runs and runs. I have the 32 GB Tab 10.1.

If anyone can help I would appreciate it!

Thanks

Darryl

anon(549921)

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I get this occasionally, simple fix is to go to the relevant app (such as the Video Player) via Applications and clear data. You should then be able to open the video or music files.

millemots

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I've never had a problem with Media Scanner on my GTab. On my Samsung Charge, however, that thing runs constantly. Not "constantly" as in "it never stops" but more like it just randomly starts up and runs. Even if the phone is just sitting there charging. Weird; maybe Samsung's Android tweaking causes instability in Media Scanner?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

anon(549921)

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if its Samsung or not, I'm not on the stock ROM and I still get it

I've never had a problem with Media Scanner on my GTab. On my Samsung Charge, however, that thing runs constantly. Not "constantly" as in "it never stops" but more like it just randomly starts up and runs. Even if the phone is just sitting there charging. Weird; maybe Samsung's Android tweaking causes instability in Media Scanner?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

lekiare

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
This just started happening to me yesterday on my GTab, ans I've had it for 6 months. I've rebooted, cleared cache, but nothing works.

Lucky for me, MX Player still works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GodofFire