Memory Card Structure?

enigmaisdead

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
This is probably just my OCD kicking in, but the huge freaking mess of folders and lack of organization on the memory card is driving me nuts. If I were to format it, aside from media, what am I looking to lose? And is there a recommended way to set it up to keep some order to it? I searched the forums but only found one thread dealing with this and it specifically referenced media.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! :)

ericatomars06

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
To my knowledge you would loose your pictures and videos... I dont think that organizing them is going to make a big difference, but I could be wrong.

dagostin

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I feel your pain. Most applications are implemented so that you would rarely need to go digging through the file system manually. That's why there wasn't in a file manager built into the droid by default (I found this pretty odd myself). I don't think you'll have much luck in trying to maintain sanity in there unless specific applications have the ability to specify where its data is stored on the sdcard.

enigmaisdead

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. :) I believe I recall stumbling across something about a week ago that specified certain folders that the Droid read by default for ringtones, music, images, etc. Unfortunately, I can't find that link again. Any suggestions on that? If I could get that much figured out at least, it would be a start. Thanks again!

Argodabar

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
I created a folder called Media and in that folder I created folders called Wallpapers, Pictures, Music, and Video. At least that sort of sorts out that stuff.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiviwin68