Merhaba/Hello/ Salut from Repuplic of Turkey

Erdem Deniz

Dec 14, 2017
Visit site
Summary for not like to read long: I am Erdem. Salut to all. I am a new android user. Best wishes and kind regards. :)

As you see I am Erdem from Turkey,

I am a new user of an android phone. I switched to Samsung Note 8 one week ago from iPhone 5s.

From a very long time I resisted (against myself and my friends and my family) to have a smart phone and suddenly 3 years ago my resistance was broken and I said ‘oooff ok’ and decided to get one. So I decided suddenly, it was easy. And choosing part should have been easy too; just go the mobile shop and buy one , ha?

Hmm... well not that easy as I thought.

At that time I have no idea about what is android or ios or abilities of the smart phones or apps or everything else etc. When someone talked with me about smart phones, it sounds like Chinese to me. And I don’t know how to speak Chinese.

Phone is phone, huh ?

Good old Nokia and Ericsson times. Just pick up the one you like and use it. So easy. You can message and make a phone call , just all I need, great ! But I searched searched searched and searched and could not able to give a decision. So funny, I knew all the specifications of Nokia and Ericsson phones.

So I asked the smart phone users around me and mostly they said: “ pick the iphone and you will not face with a bad surprise. It is today’s 3310. It is so stable and ios is the best. Apps are wonderful and fully compatible with phone. Charge time and using time is superior. It stands full one with a single charge “

My inner voice told me: “ just and only full one day? my phone stands one week with almost 2 hours daily phone call and some messaging. Isn’t it weird ? “

Whatever... I was fascinated...

So I picked up the 5s and at first it was really stands one day :) and it continued like this nearly 6 months. But after that, several battery changes and wall hanging rituals and carrying another battery in my pocket and travel adapter, not working properly on cold days... May be you you heard these before ? I am not sure. But whatever happens, I never quit using this phone (because ios is stable, right? :) and Hey I am a loyal user ha :) ) and thinking to buy iPhone X ( I felt myself here I am a Forrest Gump of phone buyers world:) )... until ios11. Thank you very much Apple for ios 11.

I know you will not gonna belive me but sometimes life is totally like a tale or fairytale. Probably you might be heard Cinderella and her pumpkin carriage. A fairy turned a pumpkin into a carriage for Cinderella. And Apple is my fairy too; by ios 11 Apple turned my iPhone 5s into a potato !!! What a magic :) Now there is no difference between my 5s and a potato; in both I can not phone or message or do something else. I told no difference but potato is superior , I can eat it. I like fries :) And after this magical potato event I went to take an iphone X and thank to all of the people who purchased it, not a single one was left in the store. I even can’t touch one.

I didn’t want to buy a temporary phone and decided to use my father’s old (2015 model) Sony Xperia Z5 compact. At first I was like mmmpphh whatever I just use it for two or three weeks, I will buy a X my preciousssss, what could go wrong for this period of time. And I installed some of my old apps to my phone and hey it is working fine , and installed “all “ my apps and working fine still. Battery time was great and no bad surprises; if it says 50% it is really 50%. Not maybe 0% or 75% :) fantastic :) And I am not going to tell about freedom of using android , all of you already know this. But really new to me, so it is fantastic too :)

After ten days Z5 compact usage I understand that I am uummm... toooo narrow minded, yes yes narrow minded. I thought may be I can switch to an android phone and after I thought this, the same inner voice that you heard at the somewhere above told me angrly: “ may be you can ?!?! What are doing man ???"

So I searched and I pick up a Note 8. It is really a great phone, but I just use it for a week. No complaints about phone now. Hope in long term usage it will stay same because my inner voice not a nice person to me :)

This is my introduction to all. Thanks for reading it. Hope you enjoy.:)

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome! :).
Fortunately, my iPhone 5s is still good on iOS 11, though not necessarily improved by it. Anyways, enjoy Android! :)

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello Erdem, welcome to the forums at Android Central!

You chose the best phone out there at this moment.
I know because that's the same great phone I have; Samsung Galaxy Note 8.

What color did you get?

Here in the states they only had the black and girly gray-purple (those were my wife's and daughter's words when they saw it), so I got the black one.
But I really wanted the deep ocean blue Note 8.

Enjoy and have fun!

Sent From Inside the TARDIS with my Note 8

Erdem Deniz

Dec 14, 2017
Visit site
What color did you get?

Thank you very much :) Here in Turkey, in addition to black and gray/purple, we also have a gold color option. I get the gold one, but i use with a black case so it looks all black. Yes I also want blue but unfortunately not sold here. Actually if phone producers add more color options this will be great.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank you very much :) Here in Turkey, in addition to black and gray/purple, we also have a gold color option. I get the gold one, but i use with a black case so it looks all black. Yes I also want blue but unfortunately not sold here. Actually if phone producers add more color options this will be great.
Ah, gold is nice, when the GS6 edge came out, I got the golden one.
My wife still uses that gold GS6 edge, I gave it to her when the GS7 edge came out.

I think manufacturers need to add blue and red phones too.
And bring back the white ones!

Sent From Inside the TARDIS with my Note 8

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe