Messed up display!

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I left my Moto 360 on the OEM charger overnight as I often do. When I took it off this morning, this is what I see. Moto 360 display.jpg

I have rebooted and power cycled but no change. Is this something that can be fixed, will Best Buy replace it, or should I contact Motorola? I bought it on September 25.

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if you have Wear Mini-Launcher installed, but I've had issues with it's card getting stuck half way out similar to what your showing in your pic above. If so, try uninstalling Wear Mini Launcher and resetting the watch.

Otherwise, if power cycles, resetting, and fiddling can't fix it... I'd consider contacting Motorola.

motorcycle_monkey

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
If you haven't already, go to the Moto Forums for the 360 and report it there. They are pretty good about feedback and help if you encounter an issue with their customer service or process.

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Update: I left it off the charger last night. This morning most, but not all of the white cloudy ring was gone! I thought it was all gone, but I can still see it on light screens like the settings screen. Whether it will go away completely is yet to be seen. Apparently nobody else has had this, so if Motorola will replace it, I'll let them.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Update: I left it off the charger last night. This morning most, but not all of the white cloudy ring was gone! I thought it was all gone, but I can still see it on light screens like the settings screen. Whether it will go away completely is yet to be seen. Apparently nobody else has had this, so if Motorola will replace it, I'll let them.

Have not heard of this before, and seeing your photo, it is pretty shocking! I certainly wouldn't think exchanging it for another is rash.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I would take it back to Best Buy for an exchange. They usually are good about that. I bought my 360 there & got the extended 2 year warranty. In my line of work I know I'm going to damage or break mine.....

Posted via a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X on Verizon or the amazing Nexus 10 using the Android Central App

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I would take it back to Best Buy for an exchange. They usually are good about that. I bought my 360 there & got the extended 2 year warranty. In my line of work I know I'm going to damage or break mine.....

Posted via a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X on Verizon or the amazing Nexus 10 using the Android Central App

I didn't bother with the Best Buy protection plan. I've had it for almost three months, so do you think they would still replace it? Motorola replied and said they would exchange it, but Best Buy would be quicker.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I didn't bother with the Best Buy protection plan. I've had it for almost three months, so do you think they would still replace it? Motorola replied and said they would exchange it, but Best Buy would be quicker.

All you can do is try. At least call them.

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I may have just lucked out! A Motorola rep called this afternoon to say that my replacement would be delayed because the the silver with black band is out of stock. She offered several alternatives including black with leather or any of the metal band watches. I opted for the silver with the light metal band. She didn't say anything about an extra charge and I forgot to ask, so I hope I just got a free upgrade!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
100RNR