Messenger Buggy Lately - Alternatives?

ccLuv2Cruz

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
With all the recent issues with verizon messenger+ does anyone have another text/phone app that works well and syncs both texts and calls between my tablet and my cell phones number. Thanks!

mjl574

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I think it's 6.3.4; that's what it said in the email I got?
6.4.2 and .3 are the troubled versions. I work VZW tech support, and 6.4.4 is the latest version, which should fix the issues everyone is having.

Personally, I never had any of the issues, but now my saved short code contacts are not displaying the name, just the number.

ccLuv2Cruz

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Also, make sure you're using the latest version 6.4.4.
Trying 6.4.4 again as we speak. Fingers crossed🖖
Also; I still see some contacts saying chat instead of sms prior to hitting send?? Force stopped and disabled until more stable!?🤐

Last edited:

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
A good third party texting app is textra. It's free if you like seeing ads, or you can pay for it, coupled bucks I think. Either way you get a trial period with no ads.

My wife and babysitter were using Verizon messenger and had the issue of messages not getting delivered to people they sent to, switched them to textra and they are happy.

From what I understand, the chat feature is used when both users are using the Verizon messenger. I also think you use data instead of the regular texting. I know it doesn't use much data, videos and pictures will use more, but why use any of your limited data in texting when it's unlimited the normal way. Maybe I understand it wrong, let me know if I am.

ccLuv2Cruz

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your comments! I just looked at textra and it is not compatible with my tablet.😐

Last edited:

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Just tried Textra on account of this thread and really like it so far. Was using Message+ with no issues but I'm always up for something new and possibly better. Thumbs Up^

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Just tried Textra on account of this thread and really like it so far. Was using Message+ with no issues but I'm always up for something new and possibly better. Thumbs Up^
Textra provides the important options for texting and is not over bloated with crap you don't need. I've been using it for a couple years plus and its never failed. The developers keep it updated, it's a clean simple app to use. Hope you like it

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc