Metamorph and DM 1.0

droid 8172

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
If you decide to download DM 1.0 without the smoked glass theme, do you have to get the metemorph app before you download DM 1.0 ? And how easy is it to get a theme from the metamorph app, Because I haven't got dm 1.0 yet. Im pretty happy with 2.0.6 for now. Any help would be appreciated, thanks..:)

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Pretty simple download metamorph from the market. find the theme you want download it and put it on the root of your sdcard and open metamorph

droid 8172

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
Can someone post a link to download the smoked glass theme from 2.0.6 ? I tried looking for it, but I can't seem to find it .. thanks

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
how steady are metamorph themes? are the like home replacement themes where you have to worry about force closes our is it more like the stock theme where force closes are not really an issue?

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Their pretty good I no less stable than stock its more than a home replacement because it only changes the images of your stock home

anon(10090)

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
I did this on mine earlier today, but the issue I'm having now is my status bar clock is blacked out and I need to make it white, but it looks like I have to follow a million steps involving the SDK and such to do it, (which isn't worth it to me). Does anyone have any suggestions?

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Could someone please detail the process for me. This is what I've done.. running droidmod 1.0 / metamorph installed / smoked glass theme downloaded to PC / plugged in droid to PC and copied file to SD card folder named "android themes -- what do I do now?

The problem is I've never "unzipped" the file. There never wan an option to do so. The file I downloaded from alldroid contains boot, nandroid, recovery, and system files. Has it already been unzipped?

The instructions for metamorph say to find the file ending with .thm extemnsion. Where is that in the downloaded file?

Is the theme loaded thru recovery mode? Will that jack up the droidmod ROM running if I try to install the theme in recovery mode.

anon(10090)

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
prometheus,

It took me a little while to figure this out as well. Here's what you want to do. Download the SmokedGlassV2 zip file and put it in the AndroidTheme folder on your phone, open MetaMorph and select the theme from that folder, the rest should walk you through it easily enough. Let me know if you still have any questions.

The theme is NOT loaded through recovery mode, MetaMorph will take care of everything once you direct it to the zip of SmokedGlass.

digcmg

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
Prometheus, I'm having the same problem as you. I installed DroidMod. Later, downloaded Metamorph. I then downloaded SmokedGlass 4.5 to my computer (zip file). I mounted my droid and put the smoked glass folder in "Android Themes" on my sdcard. When I go into Metamorph, it sees smoked glass, but when I click on it, it says "no files". What am I missing? I went into recovery mode also but did not see Smoked Glass.

white_star_32

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Prometheus, I'm having the same problem as you. I installed DroidMod. Later, downloaded Metamorph. I then downloaded SmokedGlass 4.5 to my computer (zip file). I mounted my droid and put the smoked glass folder in "Android Themes" on my sdcard. When I go into Metamorph, it sees smoked glass, but when I click on it, it says "no files". What am I missing? I went into recovery mode also but did not see Smoked Glass.

if you click 'Pick Theme', then MM should see the zip and unzip it all and automatically jump to apply it (you can also just unzip all the files to a folder and THEN throw it onto the sd card). if you want to apply it later you goto 'Existing Theme' and look for the *.thm file and it will auto apply.

if that's not work then perhaps the zip file didn't download all the way?

edit: try this link for a walkthrough if it's still giving you fits. How to change clock to white and blue (step by step)

Last edited:

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
thanks for all of the help guys, I'm tied up with work this morning. I'll get to it this afternoon. thanks again. I think I downloaded the wrong file.

anon(10090)

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
Also, remember that 4.5 is the ROM of Smoked Glass.

V2 is the Theme. You want the theme in that folder, not the ROM.

There should be a link from the ROM page to the Theme page and vice-versa.

JGR4444

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
It is important not to unzip the file on your computer and then put it in the android theme folder. Put the .zip file itself that you download from the source straight to the android theme folder on your sd card. Unmount your phone and go to metamorph, when you open it up select pick theme, choose smokedglass theme and it will begin unpacking the files.

Now if you are getting any errors and you have tried this a few times either:

A) if you have advanced task manager, kill metamorph and reboot so it asks for checks again

or B) If you dont have advanced task manager, GET IT, but you can also go into settings, applications and force stop metamorph

This allows metamorph to see the new file on there and not get mixed up with any old ones

hopefully this helps and happy modding!

bmderuosi

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
With the smoked glass theme and droidmod you do come across the problem noted by toxedo, you can not see the time in the notification bar. This is fine on my home page because I use beautiful home, but while in an app I can not see the time : (

Is there an easy fix for this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnetteConnor