Mic stays on even after turned off

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I have this problem ALL THE TIME. I'll be using voice to text and am done speaking, but if there is a tv on, someone else in the room, music playing, etc, the phone will hear that and add it in. I can tap the mic button to try and turn the mic off (even though it should turn off after a brief time after I stop speaking) but even that doesn't turn it off and it continues to add text in. The green light will also stay on. Anyone else have this problem or have a solution for it? It my most major complaint with the phone. The mic just seems SUPER sensitive. My Galaxy phones would always turn the mic off a few seconds after I stop talking. The only way to stop it when it's doing it is to close the app back to the home screen and then go back into it.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I'm making this post via voice to text standing next to our kitchen radio playing music and I don't think it's picking up the extra noise and keeping my mic on

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I didn't know there was a problem until I saw this thread. I'm in a fairly noisy room right now. I'm dictating what you see. I've never had a problem with voices from other sources adding to my dictation. I've carefully noticed how long it takes for the microphone to turn off and it seems like it's about four or five seconds of no sound before it turns off. I've never found that to be a problem as whenever I stop talking I just automatically click the microphone again to turn it off. I never felt that was an inconvenience.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I didn't know there was a problem until I saw this thread. I'm in a fairly noisy room right now. I'm dictating what you see. I've never had a problem with voices from other sources adding to my dictation. I've carefully noticed how long it takes for the microphone to turn off and it seems like it's about four or five seconds of no sound before it turns off. I've never found that to be a problem as whenever I stop talking I just automatically click the microphone again to turn it off. I never felt that was an inconvenience.

I think for my phone, it would turn off after a few seconds if there is no other noise in the room, but if it hears something or someone it stays on.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay