Micro SD card?

ggt

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
When I copy/move pictures to a installed SD card, why do they still remain in my internal storage? I tried to delete a few from internal storage and they deleted on my SD card as well? Am I doing something wrong? (Tab A 10.1 on Sprint). If this is normal what is the purpose of a SD card if it doesn't free up internal storage? Thanks in advance for any help.

Mooserman15

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
The external microSD card ia at the directory /storage/extsdcard. Also, copying the files leaves the original ones there. What exactly were you doing?

ggt

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I put in a SD card, moved the pictures from the tablet to the sd card. they are on the sd card, but still remain where I moved them from. I have not saved any space by moving the pictures.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How are you moving the photos? With the My Files app? What happens if you connect the tablet to your PC via USB and use Windows Explorer to move the files -- do they still remain on internal storage as well?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
To use the computer, connect the tablet via USB, then swipe the notification panel down and tap the USB icon. Make sure MTP is selected. Now open Windows Explorer on your computer, and look in the device list. Do you see the Tab A 10.1 listed there, as well as its SD card? If so, then you can use Windows Explorer to navigate to the /DCIM/Camera directory (which is where photos taken by the Camera are saved), select the photo, and drag and drop it to the SD card (or do a Copy and Paste command).