Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I purchased a 16 GB micro sd for music,books, pictures etc, since I want the main storage for apps etc. Anyone else going to expand the storage on the Xoom, or are you sticking with onboard?

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I purchased a 16 GB micro sd for music,books, pictures etc, since I want the main storage for apps etc. Anyone else going to expand the storage on the Xoom, or are you sticking with onboard?

I think the 32 GB of storage will probably be more than enough for me. BTW -- I'm not so sure it will support a micro sd card at first.

Does any one else know if this has changed?

rajones19

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
I expect to add a 32 GB card, but if I recall correctly, the MicroSD slot won't be active at launch. Pretty sure the card slot will be activated with a future OS upgrade. If I'm wrong, I'm sure somebody will swoop in and inform me, but I remember reading that from the beginning :). I expect to pick up my XOOM on Thursday, but will spend awhile looking for a good deal on 32 GB card so I'll have it ready when the slot is enabled.

Wow, I type this response, and in the brief time it took to type it, a bunch of others chimed in with the same thing! You think any of us are excited about this device?

Last edited:

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
This is the first I have heard of the slot not being active when you take it out of the box. Looks like I Better check the owners guide.

Rajones19: I bet we all are

JediJesus95

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
That sucks if its not active but still 32 gb on board will last awhile. I was kinda of hoping this thing would ship with a card in it (16 gb maybe) but it looks like it wont.

rajones19

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
I don't think it's a case of it being locked down - just that OS support for the SD card is something they are still working on. They've been up-front about that since early on, and my friend at the VZW kiosk (corporate store) reiterated it last week. I'm not worried - there is already 32GB on there, I'm personally not going to use that up any time soon. If I was a huge media hound, I might feel differently. It sure would be a pleasant surprise to find out it was working on launch, though.

ckeegan003

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm definitely picking another 32gb microsd for this thing, but I would HIGHLY recommend going with something other than the Sandisk, since they're Class 2. Lexar makes a 32gb Class 10, which is well worth the extra $15-20 over the Sandisk.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
So how will we be adding music to this thing without any SD card support yet? I'm guessing plugging it into the computer will have the internal memory show up as a drive?

cparker5

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
So how will we be adding music to this thing without any SD card support yet? I'm guessing plugging it into the computer will have the internal memory show up as a drive?
To me that seems like the way it will work. This is speculation obviously, but if the past tells us anything that is exactly how it will work!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wanderer