Microsoft Exchange, Lock Phone Requirement?

f1nzup

May 29, 2010
Visit site
My work is going to force us to lock our phones in order for Exchange to work on our phones. There used to be an app that circumvented this requirement. It was called LockPicker, but it is no longer supported and doesn't work on Froyo phones or later. Is there another app out there or another way around this requirement. I will not lock my phone, so this is my only hope. Thanks!

XTERM1NADOR

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
My work is going to force us to lock our phones in order for Exchange to work on our phones. There used to be an app that circumvented this requirement. It was called LockPicker, but it is no longer supported and doesn't work on Froyo phones or later. Is there another app out there or another way around this requirement. I will not lock my phone, so this is my only hope. Thanks!
Try an email application called enhanced email. With the pre installed application, my job enforces pin security as well. It's extremely cumbersome too enter my pin after waking the device up. Enhanced email looks and acts just like the application on phone but bypasses the pin required.

f1nzup

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Try an email application called enhanced email. With the pre installed application, my job enforces pin security as well. It's extremely cumbersome too enter my pin after waking the device up. Enhanced email looks and acts just like the application on phone but bypasses the pin required.

Thanks! Do I have to have all of the information in order to setup Exchange? I ask because I had our IT people setup my phone, so if I have to start from scratch to get it working I may have proplems, lol, but if it can take what is already setup and work with that then I'm in business.

theotherlinh

Apr 21, 2011
theotherlinh.com
with smartphones become a greater extension of our lives these days... out of curiosity, why wouldn't you keep your phones locked regardless of company policies?

f1nzup

May 29, 2010
Visit site
with smartphones become a greater extension of our lives these days... out of curiosity, why wouldn't you keep your phones locked regardless of company policies?

Because my phone is with me 24/7. It's always on my person. And there are other things on my phone I would worry about before my company email, and I won't lock it for those. Also, I get into my phone far too many times to have to unlock it every single time I do that.

Bottom line is if my company wants me to have my email then they will change this requirement. It's not mandatory for me.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

XTERM1NADOR

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! Do I have to have all of the information in order to setup Exchange? I ask because I had our IT people setup my phone, so if I have to start from scratch to get it working I may have proplems, lol, but if it can take what is already setup and work with that then I'm in business.

More than likely you will have to know your username, domain name, and mailbox server name.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
If its that much of a problem then you need to make your company provide you with a seperate device.
At this point you need to make a decision. IS your company email on your personal phone, a phone which you pay the bill worth the hastle of you locking all the time. Or should your company flip the bill to provide their email on your device or another device?
I carry 2 devices. 1 is my personal and 1 is for work. I learned a very long time ago to keep the 2 seperated.
I chose to let exchange work email add the pin feature to my device because i lock it anways.